Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
chris&kim

Default Senior Frogs in Nassau

I have heard a couple of things about Senior Frogs. Is it a restaurant or a bar and dance club? I would like to get off the boat after dinner and go, is it safe??
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2005, 07:55 AM
rosetattoo

Default Re: Senior Frogs in Nassau

Very safe, short walk from the pier....it's a bar that serves food, wait staff gets everyone out of their chairs and dancing and everyone who dances around the establishment, gets free shots poured down their throat. I never hesitate to take my 14 year old grandson, he loves the clam chowder and dances right along with everyone else (doesn't drink yet, ha!). There are lots of families at Senor Frogs and everyone seems to have a great time.
Old June 23rd, 2005, 12:51 PM
hcat

sorry but a place where shots get poured down one's throat is not a family type of place where I come from . It sounds like maybe a fun pace for lunch but at night mischief could be afoot! Think I'll pass...
Old June 23rd, 2005, 09:45 PM
Rosetattoo

At night, the young, party crowd take over. The families go there for lunch.
Old June 25th, 2005, 11:41 PM
First Mate

My husband, 13-year old son and I went there for lunch. We had a good time. The food was good and my son was totally entertained by a group of college students doing their college dance on top of a table. They weren't drunk, they were a group of very nice kids who were having a good time. they made my husband and I think of our college days and my son look forward to his. They were really having a fun time and you couldn't help but get in the mood. Would we take our son there in the evening? I think it would be too rowdy for a young teen but since it's so close to the ship (just a few minute walk), I think you would find it safe to walk down there and check it out. If it's not to your liking you could always find something else to do.

Carnival - Spirit: Alaska (August 8, 2007)
Carnival - Miracle: Exotic Western Caribbean (April 9, 2006)
Royal Caribbean - Explorer of the Seas: Eastern Caribbean (January 2005)
Old July 1st, 2005, 09:29 PM
Chefkel22

Chris&Kim:

We visited Senior Frogs in Nassau just this past April. We had our 10 yr old and 12 yr old with us as well as our friends 12 & 16 yr olds. We visited around 7pm for dinner.

The atmospher was fun. The bartender/dj was just getting started. The music was fun and very entertaining to our kids.

We sat in the big back room near the shop. Wait staff was a little slow - seemed to be overwhelmed by crowed. More staff by 9pm.

We ate and decided that the crowd was beginning to pick up a bit (when the alcohol began to freely flow) around 8:45-9:00pm. We headed back to the ship and all was very safe.

The only suggestion is that there seemed to be alot of stray dogs roaming around. Don't let the kids near them.

Have fun and enjoy your trip.

Chefkel22
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:18 PM
RAydlette

This is very safe. It is OK. Fun ...more of a bar atmosphere. What exactly are you looking for?