Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: ROSE BON

Good morning. I want all of them storms to go away. USA has had enough. No storms in Oct that is for sure. Not doing much this weekend, going to a corn festival. Have a great weekend

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: ROSE BON

Hi
You are probably out of town already. I just saw this. I'm just so used to seeing you post at 4 or 5AM, that I sometimes I miss your reply until later if not looking carefully. I look at the date first, then AHA--that was yesterday-whoops I missed it! (or did I already look at it?).
This will be my final "free" Saturday. Next week my chorale practices will resume at 8AM. Blah!! Sunday is the kickoff to Assisted Living Week, and my boss and her husband will be giving a concert. It will also be the 104th birthday of one of our residents and we will remembering 911. Carol said that I didn't need to come in (afraid of too much overtime in the budget), even though for 6 years I was expected to be there for special occasions such as this. Also, it is MY group! So, OK. I was going to watch my Tampa Bay Buccaneers football game. Well, she changed her mind and said I could go on the clock for a couple of hours, and bring down the birthday "boy". While feeling good about being there with "my" people, I'm kind of sad that I'll be missing the first half of my game. It's called, "be careful what you wish for". I may duck out after the concert starts and the birthday wishes are over.

We are watching Ophelia closely-we don't really trust it. Joe also said to pay attention. Right now it's predicted to go maybe to South Carolina after turning back to the Southwest, but he said that it could go anywhere down here. Folks from the Good Morning Board are going on the Glory tomorrow. I hope it doesn't get them on the way back. Joe's cruise is 9/24. Richarch and Fran and other Canadian friends from last year are going on the CB 9/18. These storms are too close for comfort.

Have a great time at the corn festival. Is that the one in Yellow Springs? or Beavercreek or somewhere? I can't remember the place---FAIRBORN???????

Love to all. Lynnie-ROSE

Old September 12th, 2005, 06:17 AM
Admiral

Well I found it. This is different. Look at our countdowns, they look great!!! Won't be long now. I am ready to get away. It was a quite weekend for me. Did not go to the camper. I did see Ron. He had another brother die. That is 2 in 3 months. I have decied to go to the funeral tonight, hope I don't regret it. He looks terrible. I told him I hoped he would not be the next. He ask me to be at the funeral, so I will. He said last night that he wanted to go to rehab. Pray that he does for I am afraid he won't make it much longer. That is such a powerful desiease. I hope he means it and goes, it is all up to him. The corn festival was fun. There is one in South Vienna and the one I went to was in Willmington. I went with my Alanon sponser and her husband. Hope you have a great week, must get busy.
Love CArol
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Admiral

Dear Carol,
Well, hi there! I finally decided to re-register with a different name. It was nice to see the other user name-just couldn't get to it to see how it was written. I used an email address I established at work to help residents with the computer.
I'm glad you had a good weekend.Mine was busy, with work, and watching football games and being whupped in Scrabble. I'd still like to see Angie and Trevor in a tournament!
Sorry about Ron and his family. I have a family member who was in that condition several years ago. His father and brother died of bad livers and my uncle was on his way. He was told that if he didn't stop drinking he'd be dead. He did stop, thank goodness.
Yes, our cruises are getting closer! We will be going down a day early-Trevor likes to relax the night before. The only thing that does is cut out the extra packing day for me on the Saturday, since we leave on Sunday. But,we've done it before so.....
Take care for now. It's now after 11PM and the night will be short. I'm sure glad I got in here now!!
Love, Lynnie-ROSE (Ann is my middle name).
Old September 14th, 2005, 06:39 PM
Admiral

Carol, I'm here!
I guess we're going to have to put up new countdown clocks-or at least I am!
Bye. Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 15th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Hello. Glad you finally got back on. I can't figure out why my clock is not working. I looked at my profile and it is there. If you figure it out let me know. Well Ron is going to go to rehab. He had his assessment yesterday and he should leave next week. I hope it works for him, he is a good person. Are you getting any rain? Hopefully all of these storms will be gone by the time we cruise. I just got to work. Have to work late tonight as we are having a family cookout tonight. Well must get busy. Have a good weekend. 8) [img][/img][img][/img]
Old September 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Admiral

Hi
I see that we are at 3 pages. Yesterday it was 5. So I guess all the old stuff is gone. I haven't checked into the countdown clock yet. I changed my time zone to the one I thought was right, and instead of being 3 hours behind, I'm now an hour ahead!! So, right now, it's 7:01PM. It may come up as 8:01PM.
Kuki or Mike or one of the other Community Leaders suggested going back and deleting all the old pages from the favorites/bookmarks from the old format, and putting in the new ones. So, perhaps the clock has to be put back in, also.

Good for Ron! I hope things work out well for him. You know, it's hard to completely separate ourselves from the side of the person we really came to love. It's the other parts that get in the way!

According to Jake's coundown clock, there are about 37 days and some odd hours/minutes/seconds left until our cruise. You aren't far behind!

Goodnight for now! See you tomorrow, maybe! Love, Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning. It has been busy for me here at work today so I am just now posting. Not much going on for me, quite weekend. Hope you have a good week. I wish we could figure our clock back out. Hope you have a good week.
Love Carol
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:41 AM
Admiral

Still trying to get my clock to work. Are you getting anything from Rita? This stuff needs to stop. Well airline tickets are bought, can't back out now. No refunds. Well here we go, lets see if I have this clock working

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:42 AM
Admiral

yeah. Go to your profile and look to see if under add my signature if it says yes. Mine was saying no.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 21st, 2005, 07:43 AM
Admiral

I will be waiting on yours

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 21st, 2005, 08:05 AM
Admiral

Hi
I haven't been on for the last couple of days-running late-then out or busy at night.Jake says we have about 32 or 33 days left.
We have been occasional showers from Rita, and some gusts but nothing major--nowhere near last year's experiences. Right now the sun is shining brightly from the East. There are T-storms in the forecast for the next 3-4 days.
I'm really looking forward to this cruise. I had a tough couple of days at work, especially Friday, so I was left with "stuff" to think about all weekend. This week I'm staying very low key and out of the way most of the time. I was very mad on Friday. Someone never likes to hear that she's not doing worthy job from a boss who's never been in her area to see for herself. Grrrrr.(It's boring and I have to get "more creative").
Anyway, we'll be cruising in just about a month. Yippee!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 21st, 2005, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Hello
I checked my profile and the "always add my signature" is on. However, I think that is for the OLD name and not my new one so I'll have to do it again most likely. I don't know where my notes are that tell me how to do it.
Work is smoother this week--I stay up with my people more. But, we are getting ready for our Apple Festival Crafts Show, and my former boss is in setting up for it with the help of his wife and sister. Since I know the "drill" after 6 years, I help them by fetching--I know what he needs and can find things that the new boss doesn't know about. I doubt there will be another one after Lester retires Oct. 6. The new boss's husband made the comment to me that it's "too much work". CHANGE again.

It's about 4 weeks until the cruise. I can hardly wait! Yesterday I made an app't to have my hair permed. It was supposed to be Oct. 8, but I can't wait that long. My hair is long and straight on top, and I've been using the curling iron every morning. Now, plan B is to have it done and if it needs to be cut before I go, then so be it. But, it should only be a month into it so should be perfect.

Rita, Category 5 as I type this. Glad it will be gone before we go!! Rich and Fran and others who are cruising this week are in Grand Cayman this week-diverted West again! Temp is about 90, with 85% humidity! Someone on their cruise is posting from the ship. Joe (waterrats) goes next week (Sat 9/24)

Better go. Supper is ready and I have choir practice with my ride coming in about 10 minutes! Hi to all! Love, Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 25th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Hi There,
It is Sunday night, and I've just deleted all my old CruiseMates favorites and replaced them with the new formatted ones. So, I guess I'll be able to come directly here when I want to without going through the entire repetoire of pages!
I still haven't gotten into the clock or the rose thing as before, as I'm not sure how to get there. I saved the page with how to do it from before, but I haven't seen the "Tricks" page yet, nor have I looked!
We have 4 weeks left until our cruise. Today I bought some lipstick and blush-as I always take a new set with me each year. I had my hair permed on Saturday-Sept.24. I couldn't wait any longer. It was in need of something, and I had to curling iron it and spray it everyday. Too much. So, I'll check back in before the cruise-since the trip will be into the 5th week of the perm-to see about a trim. It should be about perfect when I go.
Someone posted about last week's cruise-the one Rich and Fran were on. They had a decent week despite being diverted West. Joe is on the ship this week. Two days out already tomorrow. Trevor is already researching a cruise to New England/Canada for next Oct! However, the prices are still way up there. And, the only two Princess Ships will be the Star - the one we're on this year, and the Sea Princess, which might be a Sun Class sister to the Sun Princess. The new Crown Princess will be doing the Caribbean! Drat!!
So, goodnight for now. I hope you had a great weekend. Love, Lynnie-ROSE 8)
Old September 26th, 2005, 06:58 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Can't believe it is Monday already. The weekends go fast even when you get 3 days off. Yes, not long now till you cruise. You should be doc dancing soon. I am hoping to be doing the doc dance myself this week. I am sooooo ready to go. I bought a few new pairs of shorts well capris. I figure I will need them for Hawaii anyway. I bought the airline tickets so it is real now, no turning back. I must get busy, it is Monday. Blah. Have a great day Lynnie Rose!!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 26th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Admiral

Hi
Yes, the time is starting to go quickly. We reserved a room for Ft. Lauderdale for the night before our cruise. That will save us some hassle not having to drive down on the Sunday to board the ship. However, now we'll have to be ready on the Friday, without the extra packing day on Sunday. Oh well, one extra walk on the beach for Trevor!!
I most likely will look into buying some shorts or capris. The thing with capris for me, is that they end up looking like pants that are too short! I do have a pair in my dresser I should get out and try. I put on a flowered pair of pants a couple of months ago that I could get into last year. No such luck this time around! Hmmmm. Too much ice cream!!
My weight is back down to last year's numbers, but it has redistributed to my mid section which means it's trying to get something back into the package that just won't go.

How did you get your clock? I bet I have to do mine again since I changed my user name and password--you think?? Blah!!!!

Bye for now. It's after 8:00. Things are looking great in our Activities Room at work as the annual Apple Festival is being set up. It's a touch of "normalcy" after a trying year. I'm not sure if it will continue after my former boss REALLY retires. The husband of my new boss told me, "it's too much work."
Love, Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Admiral

Good morning. Another day gone and another day closer to our cruises, then I want time to freeze. You will have longer to relax than me, but I am just thankful to go. We will be staying at the Holiday INn in Coco Beach on Sunday after our cruise, as we do not fly home until Monday night.

My clock was still there in my profile and someone told me to make sure that the signature was checked so I did and there it was. There was a posting on how to do it under cruise lines then Carnival. I am sure if you post it as a topic you will find someone who knows. Where is Bon when we need him.

Well I must get busy. Have a great day.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Admiral

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:25 AM
Admiral

I was tryingto copy and paste what was in my profile for you, but it did not work

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:31 AM
Admiral

Ok here is what is in my profile

Highligt the above and right click and copy it. Go to your profile and put it in by pasting it. Then change the day and time, and be sure the signiture is checked. Good luck. Hope it works. I'll be watching

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Ok it did not work. I typed in all the little do dads and my clock came up. We will figure this out!!!!

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Admiral

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 06:45 AM
Admiral

That did not work either. Ok her is where I found it. I went under Interactive Features at the top then I clicked Search, put in countdown clock, the two things came up. I clicked on the second one and it was ther. Highlight it then right click and copy it. Go to you profile and paste it, then make the changes. WE WILL GET THIS. lol

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 27th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Admiral

Hi
First things first!! WE'RE DOING THE DOC DANCE!! They came today. Thank goodness. Now I can relax and everything will fall into place from here!
Goodnight. Now 10PM!! Love, Lynnie-ROSE
Old September 28th, 2005, 06:11 AM
Admiral

Well DANCE DANCE DANCE!!!!! I am waiting to dance with you, I keep watching for the envelope. Seem real now, when you get the docs.

Now get your clock going. Have a great day dancing.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 28th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
And it's so good to see that your clock is running again. I noticed that it stayed the same time for a couple of days.
I went into search last night and "Countdown Clock" could not be found. I went to help that had the "sentence" to paste. But, you have to put it on your message and then edit the message. I couldn't figure out how to highlight it and then change the page back to the message. Plus, by re-registering, I think I lost my original. So, where is the clip art page -or practical tips/tricks page that used to be at the bottom of the forum topics where we could go and then edit our profile??
Like, where is my rose??? Besides the clock.
Now that I think I know what went wrong when I tried to log in under the new format and couldn't, I wonder if I can register as before (spacing was wrong in the user name) and everything would be there!
So many questions--so little time!!
Got to go-just about 8AM. Our big Apple Harvest Festival starts this afternoon and runs through Saturday at work. I see several things I want-but-don't necessarily need!! Bye. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Ruby Princess
Old September 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Admiral

You did it Yippie!!!!!!!! Now we are clocking. I am still not dancing though

Have a great day

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old September 29th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Hi There!
Hurray--but I can't take the credit!! I asked for help and Mike M, one of the coordinators went in and did it for me! I said that I probably lost all my stuff when I re-registered and then I didn't know where to go to get it back. First, he gave me the single rose like had in the first place. But, I told him that was Dorothy's because she was here first. Isn't he nice????

And, he's got my old name back!!! WOW!

Tomorrow (Sept. 30) is Trevor's birthday. He has already told me we're going to Red Lobster for his giant lobster tail!! I have a card for him and a CD made by my boss of Patsy Cline songs. He loves Patsy Cline. Actually, Carol does a better job on some of the songs than Patsy does.
Even though I have my differences with her, she has a nice voice.

It looks as though the weather might hold on for us. We're getting a lot of dry air aloft which is keeping those storms disorganized down in the Caribbean and off Africa. I hope that continues.

Yesterday I bought my rooster canister sets and matching utensils holder at the Apple Festival. Trevor likes them. I also brought home an apple dumpling for him to keep him in good spirits.

Okay--about 3 full weeks away for us. Yippee!
Have a great weekend. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Ruby Princess
Old October 2nd, 2005, 09:42 PM
Admiral

Just a quick note to say I AM DOC DANCING!!!!!!!! Yippie!!! Lets dance together!!!!!!

Tell Trevor I said a very Happy Birthday. Hope Red Lobster was good. Love those biscuits!!!!! mmmmm

DANCE DANCE DANCE 8) 8)

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Good Morning,
Day-o, Day-o, Daylight Come and I want to go......
Down the way where the nights are gay......when we reached Jamaica I made a stop..........
Wasted away again in Margaritaville.........
Aruba, Jamaica, ooh I wanta take ya....

DOC DANCING!!!!!

Red Lobster was good. Got real sleepy after a hard day at work and 2 glasses of wine. Came home and went to bed!
Sun is up but will have increased chances of rain due to disturbances off both coasts.
Gotta go. 8:05. Love, Lynnie-ROSE

Ruby Princess