Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2005, 09:50 AM
First Mate

Default San Juan or Nassau

I am between 2 ships. Triumph on 4/8 to San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Martin...
Or...Valor..4/9 to .Nassua, St. Thomas, St. Martin. So, I guess it is down to San Juan or Nassua.
I read about irrodescent lights in San Juan.
Thanks, Karyn
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2005, 11:10 AM
DENISE H

Default Re: San Juan or Nassau

ii have been on the triumph its a great ship and we had the great time the problem
we had was that the triumph didn.t get to san juan until 5.00pm we are not party
people we are going to nassau next fall on the glory can' wait to check out nassau
well get in earlyn to check out have a good day
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:48 PM
rosetattoo

Usually the Carnival ships do not arrive in San Juan until 5:00 p.m., everything is closed except a few shops and the bars. I don't know if they still offer the shore excursion you are referring to. As far as I'm concerned, it is just a waste stopping in San Juan, unless you have relatives who live there that are meeting you at the pier for a few hours, it's a total waste of time. I booked on the Valor for next June for that specific reason, didn't want to stop in San Juan. The Valor is an awesome ship and stops in Nassau instead during daylight hours. I have been to Nassau many times but there are lots of fun things to do there.
Old August 5th, 2005, 05:24 PM
twocolins

If you want the Irridescent Bay tour, you must be in San Juan when the moon is NOT full. Otherwise it is not as impressive. It is a 'must not miss' experience though.

If you are in San Juan when the moon is full or don't want to go kayaking, go to Restaurante La Querencia on Calle Fortaleza in Old San Juan. The three of us who dined there agreed it was the worth the wait for some of the best meals we ever had. I would go back to San Juan just for dinner there.
Old August 14th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Admiral

I would go with San Juan, more history. Nassau is no big deal, straw market and snokling or gambling, shopping at Atlantis. People were trying to sell us drugs and followed us around kind of creepy. San Juan you have the forts. The musical variety show they say is not to be missed also.
Old August 14th, 2005, 11:55 AM
DanP

San Juan is one of our favorite ports to depart from.We always go down a day or two befor our cruise.
If when you come into port and have a few hours and want to go up to the fort there is a free shuttle from pier 4.That is the pier that is right in town near Old San Juan.When you come off the pier go to the left you will see a small sign that says Fort shuttle.On the trip back down from the fort it goes around old san juan and it is a cheap excursion.
The trip up to the fort is about 15 min.
Old August 15th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Male

san juan is a dump I would go with Nassau and go swimming at the beach there.