Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Donna T

Default Southern Carib Beaches -loungechairs?

Are there chairs available on the various beaches you can visit while taking the Southern Carib cruise or do you need to bring something to sit/lie on while you are at the beach? and what are the prices if they have chairs available? Don't know if I need to pack a sheet or mat, don't really want to have to carry something around I'm not going to use.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Southern Carib Beaches -loungechairs?

Donna, there are lounge chairs available. In Aruba we went to Palm Beach and chairs were available for $5. There was also plenty of shade under palm trees for non sun lovers. Facilities available as well, beach is in the "high rise" hotel area section. Water was aquamarine with powdery bottom, no rocks. In St. Maarten we also were able to rent lounge chairs for $5.00., water not as clear and rocky bottom, still enjoyable. Don't know name of this beach, we went by water taxi from ship ($5 round trip). Women selling all kinds of stuff - towels, beads, hats, etc. - there are small shops/eateries across the street from this beach. We used the spray on sun block (30+) all week and that worked very well, no sunburns, we bought it at Walgreens in Puerto Rico before sailing on AOS. Hope this helps.....enjoy your trip.....Anne
Old July 17th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Southern Carib Beaches -loungechairs?

You can also bring the beach towel from the ship with you, just be sure to bring it back, otherwise, they charge you for a missing/lost towel. I wouldn't bother packing anything like that to take, no need.

Message Boards Moderator