Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2005, 04:14 PM
cbros

Default Atlantis Day Use/Comfort Inn

I'm considering reserving a room at the Comfort Suites across from Atlantis for my family of 5 inorder to use the pools/beach/slides when we are in Port. Hopefully, someone has experience with this and can answer my questions.

The Comfort Suites hotel rooms are limited to 4 people. Could I still reserve a room, even though we will never actually use it, and still get wristbands for 5 of us?

We are only in port from 8:30 AM until 2:00 PM. If the resort is the only thing we did in Nassau, how much time would we have at the resort allowing for travel time to and from the dock and allowing a margin of safety so we don't miss the boat on the return.

Since we'll have to use early check-in at Comfort Suites to use the Atlantis facilities, I'm guessing we won't have a key to show, so what do we use as proof we are hotel guests?

Where do you get the wristbands for the Atlantis, at the pool or at check in?

Appreciate any help you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Atlantis Day Use/Comfort Inn

Since they limit the rooms to four people, my guess is that you will only get 4 wristbands to use for Atlantis.. I believe they will give them to you when you check in, but I'd call the hotel to verify your questions before you reserve the room for the day.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 18th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Admiral

you can only get 4 wristbands, and you cannot use the waterslides at Atlantis when you book a room at the Comfort Inn - just the beach.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:37 PM
Yeoman

We booked a room at Comfort Inn across the street. We had only 4 in our party. I THINK you might have to book two rooms...which would be much more in cost. Defeats the whole purpose of booking with them. I would call the hotel for that.
The wristbands you will receive at a booth that's next to the pool at the ATlantis. You show them your room receipt from C.Inn. The bands give you FULL access to everything at Atlantis. Unless things have changes lately, we had full access and never heard of anything less. You can go to the digs, pools, slides....very fun.

Rooms are very expensive at Atlantis. I've read on the boards that she was told by ATlantis that they MAY have day room use available at Atlantis IF they're available..but you had to just ck at the hotel when you're there. I would call both hotels and see. But I did find I wanted info at Atlantis and called and they didn't give me correct info.

We paid about 150.00 for the four of us for a room at C.Inn. You won't have much time, so I'd get over there asap, and don't take a key for the room so you don't have to take it back when you're done...this will save time.....LOTS to see at Atlantis and LOTS of walking if you want to see it all. Don't think you'll have time to see it all though with the limited time you have. My family really enjoyed the slides though. I think it's worth it to at least do it once. Then you can decide if it's worth it to you. I think it was for us...

Enjoy! Email me if you'd like...if you have any specific questions..
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
E.

Default Re: Re: Atlantis Day Use/Comfort Inn

bigsky,

Is reservation in Com. Inn. really makes sence if we are in port only from 8:30 am- 2pm? We are family of 4.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Yeoman

E.~ If you really want to go to Atlantis, you could just take a taxi and check out the place...that's free. Have lunch and go to the beach. I'm guessing you might be able to use the beach next to ATlantis...public? If you want to do the digs, I think it's around 25.00 pp.....You would have to check and see if CS even has any rooms available when you go. That may decide it there. Even if you don't technically use the room, they can't give u room they don't have. Plus the price depends on what time of the yr you go. But if you were able to get a room cheap, and you planned to do the digs anyways...for a little more you could go on the slides as well.
You would also have to leave ATlantis NO later than 1:00...I'd leave just a tad earlier just to make sure u get back on time.
So once you dock, get a cab and get there, it won't leave u much time....maybe three hours?
Considering you won't have much time, I'd just go there and check it out for free. Walk the grounds and stuff.
Have fun!
Old July 24th, 2005, 05:13 PM
rosetattoo

There is no public beach next door to Atlantis...there is beach access next to the RIU Hotel (be prepared to hike up and down a hiil to get to the beach and back up the hill to return), this was quite exhausting especially after you have been sitting in the sun for a few hours...also, no restroom facilities at this beach. The beach is nice, water clean and beautiful but there are hawkers constantly harrassing you to purchase everything from rum to hair braiding, they will not leave you alone. This was my first and last visit to this particular beach...access was not easy and no facilities.
Old July 25th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Admiral

since you are in port for such a short period of time, i think that getting a day room would be a waste of money, you are only going to have a few hours in port. Just because the ship is scheduled to dock at 8:30 doesn't mean that you can get off the ship at that time, you cannot leave the ship until it has cleared customs, plan at least 1/2 to an hour before you can leave the ship. Then you MUST be back on board 1 HOUR before departure so that basically gives you 3-4 hours in port, not including transportation time.
Grab a cab over to Paradise Island and go to the Aquarium at Atlantis
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:20 AM
E.

Default Re: Re: Atlantis Day Use/Comfort Inn

Thanks a lot everybody. It clears things for me.