Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Passenger

Default Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort

Has anyone been to this resort recently? Do they still offer day passes?
What is the best way to get to this resort?
Any information would be helpful.
thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort

Yeah, the passes are $20 for adults, $10 for kids. It is about a 5 min cab ride from the pier.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM
Carley

My husband and I were there in February. This resort is on the same peninsula as the cruise pier. You dock maybe 4 blocks distance away. It would be a very short walk but the resort is in a gated community and we determined that the only way in and out was by cab. Maybe I'm wrong about this but the ride was only a couple dollars. $20.00 includes all you care to eat and drink. Food, drinks, and beach are fine. And you certainly have no fear of not making it back to the ship for departure! This was a very secure and quite area to spend the day. The resort has a very large open lobby area with comfortable furniture for keeping out of the sun, two pools, and several protected beach areas.
Old August 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Montego Bay Sunset Beach Resort

Thanks very much for your reply.
We are also going in February and I was curious..How was the weather?
Did you feel safe at the resort and safe getting there?
thanks,
Old August 24th, 2005, 10:48 PM
cali-croozer

Larry...........We did the Canopy tour in Montego Bay (awesome), but did a lot of researching for our Plan B, which would have been Sunset Beach. From what I have read, there are armed guards at the gate and they don't let anyone in except resort guests and day guests from the cruise ships, so you won't have to worry about people just wandering about. As far as getting there, be sure to take an approved taxi and confirm the price before getting in the car....should be just a few bucks per taxi, not per person (I forget which are the approved taxis, but the cruiselines do a great job informing passengers about this...ask at the shore excursion desk or at the port talk....transportation was included in our tour so we didn't have to get a taxi on our own).