Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Louis Reed

Default Belize Cave Tubing X-Stream shore tour review from August 3r

For those that maybe interested here is a review on X-STREAM CAVE TUBING!

We did extensive reasearch before booking and looked at 5 of the companies that are mentioned the most and choice X-stream for many reasons

1)Guarenteed small groups (we only had 8 in ours) and the van was brand new too:-)
2)they meet you right in the port (literally steps from where we got off the tendering boat)
3)Two cave systems...believe me, they do not all do this, only a few groups continued up the river as we did, most turned off to where the big groups from carnival were lined up.
4)the online booking was great, we talked on this chat system and they gave us all the info and answered every question
5)SECURE ONLINE BOOKINGS, I work for a bank and know about online security and some of these companies expect you to email credit card info or give it to you on an unsecure webpage...not to mention I would never give my credit card to a company in Mexico or Belize. X-stream is with Island Marketing through the Cayman Islands which I know has very high security so my credit card info is safe!!

The day of the tour we arrived about 10 minutes late because it took a little longer to tender then we thought (make sure to get on the earliest one you can) but the guides were there still checking people in, very friendly and polite and very good english.

We were put with a few other couples and our guide JR took us to the van. The van was really nice, great AC and off we went. Pleasant drive except the last 15 minutes was really rough but he said that governement be paving the road soon.

Once at the park we were offered life vest and asked if we all could swm. One lady said she didn't swim too well and he told her she needed a vest. We declined the vests.

The walk was really nice, it really is a beauiful place, lush vegetation and different types of trees everywhere. The guide would stop and tell us about some of the ancient mayan uses.

Once we arrived at the river entrance we had the option of turning around and dropping a foot to our tubes or going up on this big rock and jumping in. We took the easier route. The water was aqua blue, I have never seen a river like that before and it was a comfortable temperature upper 70's i'd estimate. The formations on the caves are undescribable and the ride is very unique. The light shines down through the cracks in the caves and the water and rocks glow. I would guess the tubing lasted between and hour and 1.5 hrs and we did stop inside a cave and look inside one of the caves that weren't on the water.

Oh, you are asked if you want the barbecue lunch, if you have time do it, its a great lunch, really good too. They also gave us juice that so good, not really sure what it was, must have been a local fruit.

I give this tour very high grades, great price, great company and a suberb tour!!!
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
GOLFPRO65

Default Re: Belize Cave Tubing X-Stream shore tour review from Augus

can you give me a link to their website or a phone number
Old September 1st, 2005, 03:15 PM
moricoman

Default Re: Belize Cave Tubing X-Stream shore tour review from Augus

you can find them on Belize Cruise Excursions or search on google for X-stream cave tubing in Belize