Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Captain

Default Orient Beach nudity

We will be in St. Maarten in November and taking my 13 yr old granddaughter. Wanted to visit Orient Beach, but do not want to expose her to complete nudity.........is it all over the place or only certain parts of the beach?
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Admiral

the clothing optional section of Orient Beach is towards the end of the beach and it is clearly marked. Since it is a french beach, topless is common.
Old September 16th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Passenger

While we were there, nude people from Club Orient would walk the entire beach most of the morning. By noon, this seemed to have stopped.
Stay in the middle section of Orient & go in the early afternoon. You should be O.K. There was nudity on both ends of the beach.
You will see topless everywhere....
Old September 17th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Hello,
I went last year and I saw what larry did, I saw people totally nude walking the whole length of the beach in the morning, we got there about 8am and then as more people arrived didn't see any more, and yes go to the far end of the beach if facing the ocean to left and less nudity, but a few topless, the beach is so beautiful that your daughter would love it, Plenty of choices on where to sit at different areas of the beach, I would go again as I loved the beach, experiece of a life time, enjoy. I have a 13 year old and would just tell her ahead of time and let her decide Have a great time in where ever you decide to go.
Old September 17th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Admiral

Joie,

I agree with pjv. Just tell your granddaughter that some people will be nude. If that bothers her, find something else to do.

Unless she's been raised very sheltered, it probably won't bother her at all . 13 year olds are a lot "older" than I was at 13 .

Have a great cruise,

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old September 19th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Captain

Thanks for the replies. I have heard that it is the nicest beach on the island and shouldn't be missed, so we will have to be careful where we go. I hope the cab driver will let us out near the NON-total nudity and we can go from there.
Thanks again
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel
Default Re: Orient Beach nudity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joie
We will be in St. Maarten in November and taking my 13 yr old granddaughter. Wanted to visit Orient Beach, but do not want to expose her to complete nudity.........is it all over the place or only certain parts of the beach?
Joie,

Most of the taxi's drop you off just at the border of where the nude beach and the non -nude beach join. There is a big sign warning that on the other side is nude. No big deal. Just go about 100 feet in the other direction. There are various restaurants that serve on the beach. You rent some chairs for the day and run a tab. They may not take CC so ask.
There will be some of the nudist (very few) prancing along the beach, but if you are not paying attention you won't notice them. Lots of skimpy bathing suits on men and women and topless.
There always seems to be the same man walking nude along the beach that I have seen there all three times.
On one occassion we did see him walking toward a friends teen age daughter who was in the water. My wife was out of the chair like a shot.
Nothing came of it and it may have been perfectly innocent, but my wife is of American Indian descent and she has an uncanny ability to pick up vibes that I totally miss.
Old October 14th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

We found old ugly people at the nude beach. Nothing worth looking at anyway. The young good looking women are on catamrans off shoe and can oly be seen with a rented jet ski. Not that I did that or anything...I told this.
Old November 12th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Like the other said, the cab will drop you off right at the junction of the nude beach club and clothing optional beach. You and your family will definitely see nudity. Most of those who are nude are in need of ironing.

Regards,
Thomas
Old December 8th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Captain

Thomas is right, most of the nude folks' wrinkles cover up any of the offending parts! It always tickles me how the people who are naded (or neck'ed as we say in our red neck world) are the very people who need the most covering up.

Yes, there is this one guy who seems to always be there. He's obviously a regular sunworshipper since his time is quite uniform - not that I was looking.

Magnolia