Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
Beginner

Default water temperature

Hello.
my dh would very much like to know the temperature of the water for cave tubing in Belize, we are going in December and that is their winter time, I have talked to Nacho (tour guide) and he said that it is really cold. but what is really cold. We live on Lake Michigan and it gets very cold in the winter time. My dh does not want a numb tuch after setting in the tub for 1 1/2 hours of tubing. I am trying very hard to get him to go tubing with me. If you have gone please let me know.
Thanks, Skyler
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Skylar, I did the cave tubing in Belize in Feb. Yes the water was cool. But, most of your body is NOT in the water, so you don't really feel cold during the float/ride, and the part that is in water, adjusts quickly. It's actually a ride through a system of caves, and so you have sunlight part of the time. The water felt to me, like the local springs around here you can swim in..high 60s to low 70s. My DH is a BIG sissy when it comes to cold water, and he didn't complain a bit.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?