Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Default Two teenagers, help. Montego bay.

I could use some real help for something to do with 2 teenagers at Montego Bay. I already looked into Sunset Resort. They get bored at the beach, husband only likes shade. (I do wonder why we cruise?)
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2005, 08:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Canopy tour (zipline)! We had a blast..........family of 4 with 2 teen boys, ages 15 and 17. I was very scared, but got over it quickly. Be sure to bring extra $$ to buy the picture CD of your family. You can't book this tour on your own, you must purchase from your ship (on-line before you cruise, if possible). It's expensive ($99) but worth it. We took the 10am tour so we didn't have to rush in the morning. Once off the ship, we met our group in the terminal building and they brought us over to the waiting taxis/vans. We were lucky and had a very talkative, friendly driver who basically gave us a narrated tour as he drove us to the rain forest (took about 40 minutes, I think). The canopy tour guides were friendly as well and after we went through the safety presentation and put on our equipment (harnesses, gloves and helmet), we were off on our zipline adventure. There were 6 ziplines (there was talk that 3 of them were not operational, so you might have more when you go). After we were done, there was time to view our pictures on the computer. You could pick out the best or just buy the whole CD----with a family of 4, we ended having over 40 pictures so we just bought the CD for $55. A little expensive, but we thought it was worth it for the memories. The only other thing they had to sell was sodas, beer?, and chips, so we bought a snack before getting back on the van and heading back to the ship. We had already been to Jamaica and had no interest in seeing anything else, so we just went back to the ship after the tour. We were back on the ship around 2pm, and ready for a big lunch!!! By the way, we took this tour in June from the Carnival Conquest.
Old October 4th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Passenger

Default Thank you.

My son will be 16 my daughter 14, It sounds wonderful and exciting for them. They are bored with the whole beach thing. I will see if I can get any brochers of it. Thanks again.
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Admiral

do a google search and see what else pops up. There are plantation tours available, don't know if that would interest your family. Not a whole lot to do in Montego Bay except hit the beach, the zip tour sounds like a blast.
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Captain

Take them to Margaritaville.....great music, food and lots of fun people to watch. Shopping is so so....but the people are very interesting to talk to.
Old October 4th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joie
Take them to Margaritaville.....great music, food and lots of fun people to watch. Shopping is so so....but the people are very interesting to talk to.
Joie is so right! Take them to Margaritaville. Many totally shaded areas for your husband and your teens will find it "as they say" NOT TOO SHABBY! They'll like having tee shirts from Margaritaville! Proof they "partyed" at Margarittaville in Jamaica!

~WSEA~
Old October 5th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default Margaritaville, didn't realize that was for kids.

I never thought that was for families, I always visioned that as being a totally party young 20 and up spot. That slide looks pretty interesting . Thanks again.