Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Passenger

Default Grand Cayman - what to do?

My husband and I will be visiting here in Feb. 06. I have been here before and went to the beach and did Stingray City, so we are looking for something different to do.

We especially enjoy those experiences that put us with the culture, we are not in to the "tourist" places to go (we can find all that info through ship excursions). Does anyone have any suggestions on terrific adventures that would make us truly remember Grand Cayman?
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Admiral

Since you are looking for something different to do besides the Sting Rays and the beach, i would suggest you go snorkeling. There is a great spot very close to the pier - Eden's Rock. You might also want to check out the turtle farm
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

We were there in April 2005 and did the bubble sub through Cayman Submariners. It was an awesome experience and a totally private excursion (only two people fit in the sub at once). It was expensive, but we thought it was worth every penny.
Old October 20th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

I traveled to the Caymans in 1996 for a week and you should go to the turtle farm you can hold the little turtles and they are soo sweet. Hell is also neat yes it is a tourist trap but still to send your family members postcards from HELL is kind of funny.
Also yo0u can rent a jeep and rive to the other end of the island lay in the sun and drink rum drinks that is always fun there is a specific beach which we drove a jeep to on the other side of the island and it was quiet and great bartender very friendly!! Try renting a jeep and just exploring the idland and you can see many thing son your own. We also do nt like the tourist places and you can find many local restaurants on the way which serve local food and drinks. ENJOY. We are going horseback riding when e dock there during our cruise and they even take you in the water on the horses I have always wanted to do that!!
Old October 22nd, 2005, 10:50 AM
Yeoman

I am planning on doing some diving if possible while there...
Old November 27th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Default Cayman Jeep Safari Tour to Rum Point

We've booked the Cayman Jeep Safari tour. Cayman Jeep Safari tour we too have been to stingray city and this sounds like a lot of fun and there have been some excellent reviews on other cruise boards. Automatic new jeeps, stops at the rum cake factory, different beaches, some cliffs that are supposed to be really nice, Rum point which I can't wait to see.

I'll let you know how it was when I get back
Old December 4th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

If you are looking for something different - I would avoid anything that tries to put several stops into one trip. I would think the snorkel or snuba would be great. We recently did the Sea & See excursion with Carnival and while each stop was interesting in it's own right - it was very rushed....15 minutes at each stop and 20 minutes at the turtle farm - which was almost too much time. Just my opinion.
Old January 27th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Admiral

The Jolly Roger Pirate Cruise was lots of fun!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM
Passenger

We had plenty of time at each stop and over 2 hours at rum point! Love it!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to AAAAmerican.Com
Default Go to HELL and back.

How many times do you want to go to HELL, G.C. ?

At least see it and then you will know what a ..unique geophysical viewing it will be.

We do go back everytime we travel to Grand Cayman.

SO yes you then are able to say you went to Hell and back...
Old February 6th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Beginner

Sailesd to the Caymens twice. Most recently on the Carnival Conquest in 2003. If anyone had told me I would swim with the sting rays prior to this, I would have called them a liar! It was awesome. I highly recommend including the sting rays in the shore excursion you choose. Plus not as desparately poor as Jamaica and so people more pleasant.
Old February 7th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Passenger

We did the Stingrays too. Snorkeling was amazing, but Rum Point was very crowded (so unlike all the posts you read - we must've been there on a bad day). The family next door to us on-board spent the day at Smith's Cove and it sounded amazing.
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Passenger

Going to Grand Cayman on 3/7. Wife and I doing the Stingray Swim. Sounds cool!
Old February 12th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Passenger

Stingrays are great, Hell is nothing but black rocks, a little cheezy! Rum Point is amazing so what the jeep safari tour:-)