Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Passenger

Default scuba diving in Grand Cayman

Has anyone gone diving through a dive center on the island? The last time I went to Grand Cayman, we booked an independent snorkel trip to Sting Ray City, and it was wonderful because there were so few people with us. I hope to book an independent dive. Any recommendations would be great.[/list][/list]
Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Cruzdiver

I didn't dive in GC this time. We went on the Nativeways Rays, Reef, and Rum Island tour. It was great! I can recommend an operator in Cozumel if you have that port. Blue Angel. I just used them this past week ahnd everything went smooth. I was given my choice of which reefs to dive.
Santa Rosa was great!

Brian

Legend of the Seas November 12th 2005
Enchantment of the seas June 21, 2004

<a href='http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb008_ZNxdm117YY
Old November 22nd, 2005, 11:10 AM
Admiral

I would start with what the cruise line is offering for SCUBA diving excursions, personally i feel better booking off-shore excursions with the cruise line for that "just in case" factor. If you book with the cruise line and you are delayed for any reason, the ship will wait until your group returns. If you book on your own.........
I would also go to your local dive shop and ask where the "hot" dive spots are and who they would recommend.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

try Neptune divers. They have small boats so there will be a max of 8 divers. Also the dm is in the water with you if you are new and uncomfortable not having a dm around. They pick you up right on the beach at seagrape beach which is a 15 min, $5 taxi ride from the terminal.