Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 16th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Beginner

Default ? about January Weather in the Southern Caribbean

My husband and I might take a trip to the Southern Caribbean on Jan 21st. Can someone tell me what the weather is like that time of year? We love to be in the water so I'm really wondering what the pool and ocean water is like. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Admiral

We've been as far south as Panama in mid- to late-December, and the temperatures were just great. Sea temp was, I would guess, about 80 and outside temp was in the mid-80s. We'll be cruising to the Eastern Carib. on Jan. 29 and we expect the weather there to be a bit cooler than further south, but not much.

Enjoy your cruise. But if you're sailing from South Florida, I'd advise you to be prepared for much cooler weather in F.L. or Miami. It can get down into the 50s on a January morning, so pack a light jacket in your carry-off baggage. I've seen people freezing their butts off on disembarkation day in Miami, having packed their warmer clothing in their checked baggage.

Jack
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Admiral

we have cruised the Southern Caribbean and Panama Canal in January and it was hot on the islands, definatley summer shorts, and bathing suit weather during the day.
Jack made a really good point about your embarking/debarking ports. Florida can be chilly in January, i would plan on wearing a pair of light cotton pants, a t-shirt and a light jacket or zip front sweatshirt if you are leaving from Florida
Old November 17th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Beginner

Thank you both for your help!
Old November 23rd, 2005, 06:46 AM
Passenger

Default Hey

Oh, that's so nice!