Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2005, 08:15 PM
Passenger

Default Help please - Roatan beach resort

Boy am I the observant one - I just looked at our itinerary for January 22 cruise, and went wow! I didn't know we're going to honduras! Well we are, and I know exactly zero about it.
Can anyone point me to a beach resort with a pool, that would be good for family? Hubby wants to snorkle, I want to sun, kids (ages 7 and 9 ) want to play, and none of us wants sand fleas hence I ask for a pool.
thanks so much~
Anni
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2005, 03:40 PM
Beginner

Old December 26th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were in Roatan Honduras last year on Norwegian. It is a very poor country, so we decided we were better off with a shore tour with the ship, not sure what there is for resorts down there. We also wanted a beach day, there were two choices with the ship. One was to Fantasy Island and the other was to Tabyana Beach, either as just a beach day or combined with some other activities. I had read somewhere that sand fleas can be a problem down there and that Tabyana is run by the cruiselines and the sand is treated, so that is what we chose. We had a wonderful day there, beach was beautiful with warm clear water, food was available, and there were a few vendors set up on the side, but they weren't pushy. I would go there again and can't say that about some other places I've been, so I hope this helps you. Maybe someone out there has been to the other beach and can give you some input on that. Happy sails.
Old December 29th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Help please - Roatan beach resort

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnniM
Boy am I the observant one - I just looked at our itinerary for January 22 cruise, and went wow! I didn't know we're going to honduras! Well we are, and I know exactly zero about it.
Can anyone point me to a beach resort with a pool, that would be good for family? Hubby wants to snorkle, I want to sun, kids (ages 7 and 9 ) want to play, and none of us wants sand fleas hence I ask for a pool.
thanks so much~
Anni
We were there a couple years ago via NCL.
I forget the name of the Hotel/Resort, but it was a couple miles north (northwest) of the Cruise Pier. Any of the local cab drivers can take you there. Don't spend your entire day there however, have the driver take you to the opposite side of the island from the ship, there you will find some cheap shopping and some deals on mahogony items. There is not a lot to see in Roatan by the way, but I'm still glad to have visited there.