CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Margaritaville in Ocho Rios (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/305484-margaritaville-ocho-rios.html)

ragtopdave December 20th, 2005 10:05 PM

Margaritaville in Ocho Rios

My family and I are going on the Carnival Imagination this January and are looking forward to our stop in both the Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios. I have a question about Margaritaville in Ocho Rios though. I know they have a nice beach front and you can spend hours, if not the entire time, just at the Margaritaville restaurant. Can you bring snorkeling gear and snorkel in the beach area at the Margaritaville beach?

Thanks!

KimJack December 27th, 2005 01:27 PM

We were there about a month ago, and didn't see anything resembling a beach near the place, which is located at the end of a shopping mall. The bar (I wouldn't call it a restaurant) was really jumping, with 3 or 4 bartenders running themselves ragged. A young crowd, and the noise was deafening!

We ordered our free margaritas (with the coupons from their website), and they were surprisingly good. We were there for about an hour, and most of that time was spent ordering, waiting for our orders and drinking two margaritas each. But I couldn't imagine spending the better part of a day there!LOL

Jack

Carol B December 28th, 2005 07:56 AM

There is a restraunt there. Biggest hamburgers I ever seen, and they were good.

LisaK December 28th, 2005 02:11 PM

ragtopdave, you might be thinking about the Marqueritaville in Montego Bay with the water slides and swim-up bar?????

Banshee January 5th, 2006 09:33 AM

At least according to pictures on the website, the Ochos Rios one has a swim up bar as well. I have read on these boards that people have gotten a coupon for a free Margarita from the website. Does anyone know if this is still available. I can seem to find it.

Thanks,
Jay

Jo-Ann January 9th, 2006 01:02 PM

There is a very small beach at the Margueritaville in Ocho Rios. I don't think I'd want ot spend the day there. The water looked a bit stagnant, and it didn't look like the kind of place for snorkeling. They had a few lounge chairs, but not many. The time we spent there we did some shopping (very overpriced buffett stuff that you can pretty much get in any of his catalogs), very hard sell staff.

Pamlico Sailor January 18th, 2006 11:12 AM

Been there many times!

The beach is fine, but not good snorkeling. The food is good, burgers great, drinks good, service fine all the times I have been. The pool has a swim up bar and two story water slide, hot tub on top deck, and good music (Buffet when the ships are in). If you are there on a Wed. night you can get in for $5.00US if you wear a bathing suit and drinks are free! Lots of Jamaicans on Wed. nights.
I'll return to Ocho Rios in June for my 4th appearance with the Jamaica Jazz Festival.