Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2006, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Default Which cruise is best for beach lovers: East, West or South?

We are trying to decide on which cruise to take... We are beach lovers and are looking for recommendations as to which crusie itinerary offers the most beautiful beaches.... The only other cruise we have been on was to Bermuda on the Zenith.

Thanks,
mes317
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Passenger

That is tough question to answer. I, too, am a beach lover -- been to St. Martin, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Cayman, Belize, Costa Maya, and Cozumel as cruise ports and Aruba, Freeport, Turks and Caicos (Provo), St. Croix and Cancun for land based vacations. We are heading to Jamaica and St. Lucia this spring. I think that the most important thing about choosing a cruise is the itinerary if you are a beach lover. A lot of eastern caribbean cruises stop at San Juan at night (no beach time). Likewise, stops in Grand Cayman are usually short -- but the excursions to Sting Ray City or snorkeling make the most of the time there. I loved St. Martin because we did nothing but hop a cab and go to the beach for the entire time. I personally like the western cruise itineraries -- you can hit four ports with great beaches -- though the beaches of the eastern caribbean are prettier. I like land based trips to those islands. Costa Maya is just a hop off the ship and you can do nothing but hang out in the water all day, which is nice a nice break. It is certainly not the best beach and can be crowded, but it is a day at the beach as compared to a cruise that offers 2.5 to 3 days at the beach.
Old January 11th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Passenger

I am also a beach lover! Here are my picks-

Aruba's Baby Beach-rent a jeep and drive out there. Great snorkeling, shallow areas, and warm clear water.

St. John's Cinnamon Bay-Beautiful and not as crowded as some other beaches (we got there at 10 am and were the only ones there!)

St Kitt's has a great beach, think it's called Magean?
Old January 12th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Admiral

Wow, that's a hard one. Western or Southern would be my opinion.

Southern out of San Juan will have lots of ports. That is the other thing. Do you want more port days or days at sea - Caribbean sunshine & relazation on board ship. From SJ, you will usually call on St. Martin, St. Thomas, Antigua (356 beaches), Barbados, St. Lucia or Martinique. The last is the least desirable, but the beach at Pont du Buc is nice.

Western out of FL: Cozumel = Paradise Beach Club; Grand Cayman = Seven Mile Beach; Jamaica = either Ochio Rios Dr. Cave Beach, Rose Hall Beach, Negril, Mahogony Beach, etc. and a nice private island like Labadee or Princess Cays= beach day with full barbeque lunch.

Check out the length of time in each port and make your decision from their. Grand Cayman is usually the shortest day.
Bon Voyage

Caribbean Princess
Old January 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Admiral

for beach lovers, you can't beat the beauty of the Eastern Caribbean - St.Thomas/St.John & St. Maarten have some of the most beautiful beaches you will find anywhere.