Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Elation April 2006

This new itinerary is stopping at Nassau, Half Moon Cay, San Juan, St Thomas, Grand Turk does any one recommend any shore excursions? Do you prefer the ones offered by the ship or do you recommend any private ones? Also any sights that absolutely can't be missed? Any info will be helpful.Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Admiral

I feel comfortable perusing and choosing those offered by the cruise line, mainly because of the fact that I feel that if there is a problem in cancellation due to the vendor's fault then the cruise line will refund your money faster and easier than the vendor would, if they ever would. I went to Cancun in '88, flew in and chose an excursion independent of the hotel and T/A. It was cancelled and I had to eat the money.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Confused -- we are going April 2006 and going to St. Thomas, St. Maarteen, Nassau. Did they change the route? I wasn't notified and have excursions booked.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:07 PM
Beginner

Actually i noticed they had that one too. The one i'm going is leaving on Sat the 22 and coming back the 30th. Supposedly this will be the first one going out. I know there is one leaving also on the 30th. When i was originally booking the cruise for the 22nd my Carnival cruise planner said they were not going to have it. He called back a week later and said they got the go ahead to book for that week ,so instead it's leaving on a saturday instead of sunday. I would double check because this cruise were stopping at 5 places instead of three.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Ok..that makes sense -- I come back on the 22nd. Will have to check out the new ports!