Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Passenger

Default ATV Tours in Cozumel

We are cruising on the Mariner in June and will be Cozumel for one of our ports. Has anyone done an ATV tour there? We would like to do a tour with the ATV, stop to snorkel and visit some ruins. Will we have enough time? Our itinerary says the boat leaves Cozumel at 7:00. What time do you need to be back to get on? Any help would be appreciated!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Passenger

My wife and I did a ATV excursion last Apr with NCL. The one we did was lasted about two hours with only about a 30 min drive to get there. We drove thru the jungle and visited a Mayan ruin. I wouldn"t advise it for younger children. We had Yamaha's 250cc with 5 speed semi automatic transmissions. We were lucky when we could get them into 4th gear. The trail was over limestones and very rocky and being the dry season it was very dusty, the temp was 85 degrees and very humid (we started @ 9am). I wished we had a beach to swim in! You should've seen the looks we got when we got back to the dock area. I am a Vietnam vet - I thought I was back in the nothern highlands. The people that ran it were great and a lot of fun to be with. They knew the history of the area and we all (about 15 of us) had a great time.
Old January 17th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Admiral

We just took a taxi to Mr. Sancho's, it was great. You can relax on the beach, snorkel, parasail, jet ski, horse back riding on the beach and ATV's. We did the ATV"S. It was either $30 or $40 dollars can't remember, but well worth it WE went into the rain forest then on the beach. They also have shopping right there and a restraunt. I would go back there in a heartbeat. The taxi ride was $15 per taxi, and then you can come back when you want, there is always taxi's out there.

08/29/09 - 09/05/09
Old January 17th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Passenger

Has anyone done the "Wild Tours" ATV tour? Any insight on it?
Thanks!
Old January 26th, 2006, 02:39 PM
Passenger

I booked an ATV tour in Cozumel that ran along a dirt road on the Eastern shore of the Island and it was a blast. I would highly recommend it. You really need 1 ATV per person. One couple in our group tried to share and the wife was so miserable that she hitched a ride back with a 4x4 jeep going the opposite direction, she was that uncomfortable as a passenger. We did about a 3 or 4 hour tour along the coast, stopped for lunch and had the option to snorkel, but it was too rough in the water. We stopped at a Mayan Ruin for some history along the way. We were pretty dirty when we returned from all the dust on the dirt paths. We booked the excursion through Princess and it still is one of the better adventures I have done on a trip. The nice thing about princess is that they have coin laundry machines for guest use and we just through all our DIRTY clothes and the washer and were done.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.