Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Default Canopy Tour Roatan

Hello everyone

Has anyone used TropicalRez in Roatan to book their canopy tour? We are sailing on the Valor in March and Carnival does not offer a canopy tour in Roatan so we went private. Any info would be helpful, THANKS
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2006, 01:34 PM
Passenger

My wife and I did the canopy tour last Apr. and did it through NCL. Apparently they were the only cruise line that could book the excursion at that time.

We both had a great time. The bus ride getting to the top of the mountain was a trip in its self. It's has lots of curves, no guard rails, and apparently no speed limit. If I remember correctly there were 11 stations and the longest is 400 feet long. The young men that ran the stations were really great and made it a lot of fun. At the end you are on a beach and you fly over roads and a small river to get to the last station. Be sure to buy the picture they take of you - it's very hard to take any pictures when your on the wire rope. Included with the excrusion was an afternoon on Tabyana Beach (one of the best beaches we ever visited). There isn't much else to do on Roatan.

Hope this helps...
Old February 25th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Passenger

Default Roatan

I have been to Roatan twice. I will be going again in Dec ***edited to remove commercial reference*** He is awesome!!!! He will do whatever you want and the fare is very cheap compared to what the ship charges! Best of Luck!