Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Passenger

Default Key West...SNUBA or what else?

Hi,

Family of 5 (husband, me, 3 daughters, 19, 15, 12) cruising this August, with a stop in Key West. We thought about SNUBA in Key West, but got some negative feedback from a few people who have dont it, so am still looking. We don't really want to do the walking bar tour...although my husband and I enjoyed it years ago, doesn't seem like much fun for the girls. Any water activities you suggest, or has anyone done SNUBA and enjoyed it (or not enjoyed it...good to know either way)? Thanks in advance,

Carol
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2006, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Did SNUBA in Cozumel last year. It's neat but you have to go with other strong swimmers. Otherwise your just towing the others who are hanging onto your raft.
Key West - the wife & I like the bar hopping but you might try renting scooters or bikes to see different parts of the town. It's really changed the last few years. More commercial and less home town feel. Too many resorts in my opinion. Good luck!
Old February 17th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisin' Meme
Default Western Union

We really enjoyed sailing on the Western Union in Key West. It's a beautiful boat, and they really make it a an enjoyable trip with live music and free conch chowder and drinks. Very relaxing.

We visited every museum on the island, and our favorites were the Hemingway House, lighthouse, and the Maritime Museum. The Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum was also fun, and your girls would probably really like that. In fact, your girls might also enjoy the Butterfly Conservatory on the other end of the island. Those are some land-based ideas for you.

Also, if you want good, cheap eats go to Billy's right off Mallory Square. Great casual eatery. The best Conch fritters and the most reasonably priced restaurant we found in a long vacation there. KW food is generally really pricey for no good reason. If you want a more upscale meal (with upscale pricing) try La Ti Da's. They have a gorgeous patio and excellent food.