Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default San Juan..El Escambron beach?

Have stayed in San Juan several times pre-and post cruise. Our cruise this year is out of Miami with a port stop there. We've already done Old San Juan, the Rainforest and the forts, so we'll probably end up at a beach for a few hrs. I've just about decided on taking a taxi up to Isla Verde, the beach is pretty decent there, but in my research, I found a beach called El Escambron that's supposed to be somewhere up near the Caribe Hilton and only about a 10 min. taxi ride from the piers. I was just wondering if anyone on these boards has been there and what it was like? This is mostly curiosity, I know that we can get a taxi back easily from the big hotels in Isla Verde so I'm sure that's where we'll end up. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2006, 01:30 AM
Passenger

Default nice beach

Escambron is a nice city beach near the pier and yes next to the Hilton and Normandie hotels. It has restrooms. Outside wall showers, snack bar and its like a 30 minute walk to the old city.
Concerning other options or questions you might want to contact the Puerto Rico tourist board endorsed tour companies at:
http://travelandsports.com/cgi-bin/e...G&typ=TO&lk=to