Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Legend - Belize Shore Excursions

We're leaving March 9th for the Western Caribbean - need some help in recommending a shore excursion for Belize. Have read many reviews and one that seemed most appealing was ability to leave directly from the ship to Caye Caulker that allows you time to hang on the beach, have a beer or explore island on rented golf cart - problem is I don't see that type of excursion description from Carnival offerings.

Does anyone have a recommendation? We want to avoid the tenders and leave directly from the ship on the high speed boats. We do have 2 small children, 4yr & 8yr old, coming along. Looking for some beach time as well as opportunity to explore/snorkel..etc.

Also most excursions show 3.5hrs however we are in port from 7-4pm. Has anyone booked excursions in one port back to back?? And if so which would you recommend.

Happy cruisin'
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2006, 07:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

You might check with Coral Breezes. We used them while in Belize. We did the cave tubing but they offe many other excursions. Have fun!
Old February 25th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Hi kellicork,

First, all of the tenders from the ship to Belize are the high speed boats. It takes about 15-20 minutes to get from the ship to Belize. If you sit in the back of the boat, you WILL get wet !

I found this excursion:

http://www.carnival.com/ShoreExcursi...ioncode=509032

on the Carnival site. It says "NEW" so maybe you didn't see it yet? It might be something you'd be interested in.

Hope you all have a great cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old March 1st, 2006, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Default Caye Caulker

We went to Belize last year and went into port by tender and then took the water taxi to Caye Caulker. I don't know if the water taxi will come get you on the ship. I am not sure, but I don't think Carnival reccommends this due to safety in Belize City. When you get to Belize, the whole area is gated in. THis being said, I rarely take organized tours and like to research and go out on my own to get a real feel of where I am travelling. The walk to the water taxi is quick. Like any city or island just mind your own business. I found the people of Belize wonderful and would go back in a second. Caye Caulker is tiny..I don't know if you even need a golf cart! You can see from one end of the island to another. The taxi was fast, a bit rough. We have a boat so it was ok for my kids. I think most would find it fun. The ride is gorgeous and the beaches are better. I would highly reccommend doing some reading and going to the Cayes. However, with kids, there isn't alot of entertainment but sandy beaches and clear water. Have fun!!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:06 PM
Admiral

In Belize I crossed the country in order to visit Xunantunich Mayan site near the border with Guatemala. It included a REAL lunch at a very cool staw hut cafe. At the Mayan site we crossed via a hand cranked ferry and I purchased some pictured hand carved by the local Mayan Indians. The El Castillo temple is well worth the climb to the top. It's huge! That trip was worth the money for sure. I also heard greeat things about Altun Ha Maya site, and all the other shore tours. By the way we will need an organized tour based on MY experience. Some people on board hired a taxi to give them a private tour and they said they were pleased.
That's my subjective opinion...for what it's worth.

HAL Statendam 2003 Alaska
HAL Oosterdam 2004 Alaska
Carnival Legend 2006 Panama Canal

cruisemates.com Forum Index
Send a new private message

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">