Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default Grand Cayman ..NO turtles, NO stingrays? beach pass, or ?

Hi to all...

I know...I know..the stingrays are great...but honestly I am NOT interested in them <grin> I hate to say it but I am simply NOT into snorkeling

I thought about the "tours">>> Hell might be nice to send a postcard, but I do NOT want to go to the turtle farm, knowing they are going to be eaten would make me sick, and I dont like to see cruelty to animals, so that would ruin my day Ok I am weird<grin>

I also thought of the "semi submersable">> ? but ? is it comfortable, fun, or boring and hot and crowded?

Is there ANYTHING to do on the "tour" when they are at the turtle farm besides go in there and see the turtles? some shops or restaurants? (an internet cafe would be nice ) Can you go and not go in? something to do there??

I am more of a girly girl, and I am going on this cruise as a "single" and I honestly would not enjoy seeing turtles being farmed or having fish on me

I am thinking of>>>? maybe a tour?

maybe a "day pass" at the hyatt? but how high are the drinks and food there? I hear outrageous things here

maybe trying to see if I can book a spa treatment at a resort and then use the resort itself? Has anyone used the spa at the hyatt, or at the comfort suites?
any place in cayman for a massage at the beach??
any local "on and off" type trolley deals that might "go to hell" (I am thinking like key west?)
The island seems safe and I am not afraid , at jamaica I plan a sail to the falls trip so i dont want to be on another boat here

I realize that many people will NOT agree with me, and say to do the usual tourist stuff, but I am on the cruise FOR ME <grin>
to be honest with you I have cruised before, with my ex, and with girlfriends...my best "excursions" have been to morningstar beach to rent a chair and sit at beach bar...and to a "party beach" in mexico with chairs and cheap massages...
shopping is fun too <grin>

I dont want to do just "tourist" stuff cause I also have done some of that before and i do NOT enjoy being on buses, vans, jitneys, riding around, dont like fish much, I live in south florida and if I wanted to see butterfly world it is right near me, plus some tourist attractions here in florida are my own idea of "hell">>> I dont like the real hokey stuff, for instance our "Jungle Queen" ?? ewww

so i like to chill, try a local food, get a spa treatment cheaper than on ship maybe ....any ideas??
thanks in advance

Cheri
Imagination...5/8-5/13...Grand Cayman/Ochos Rios
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Your best bet would be to call the hotels and find out if they offer day-pass/spa treatments. You might do better on the ship for your spa treatments,discounts on port days.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 05:46 PM
First Mate

I am with you. If I cold go by myself, I would just hire a driver or rent a car and go hotel hoppin'. Infact that is exactl what we will do next month ( 2 couples) just hire a cab or driver at the pier and go find some great out of the way beaches. Grand Cayman has beautiful beaches and also great shopping.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I'm sure any cab driver can take you to a hotel that welcomes cruise passengers. Years ago we stayed at the Hyatt and they had a lovely beach with a restaurant right on the beach, plenty of chairs, etc. You may also want to think about taking a boat over to Rum Point, lovely beach and beautiful water, nice beach day there too.

Message Boards Moderator