Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:02 AM
Beginner

Default Watches...St. Thomas or St.Marten

Looking to buy a Tag, which island has the best prices? And if you could suggest a store, I would appreciate it. THX
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2006, 02:18 PM
Yeoman

Weve always done our major shopping in St Thomas. We checked out a Breitling for my hubby and I believe it was cheaper in St Thomas. The other thing (and Im not sure about this) but I think because its part of the US you are allowed more for duty when you shop there?????

alison
PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old March 26th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Passenger

JOES JEWELERY IN ST. MAARTEN, FANTASTIC PRICES MUCH LOWER THAN ST. THOMAS AND THE SERVICE IS GREAT. CHECK OUT THEIR WEB. JOES JEWELRY USE CAP LETTERS
Old March 29th, 2006, 10:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Ran43

If sailing Carnival I reccomend buying it onboard...I wanted one on are Victory crusie last year, and thought I would look on the islands. The ship was actually cheaper, but I thought I would just wait. I just got off the 3/5 sailing of the Valor, and did the samething...Priced on the islands and ship was still cheaper. This time I bought it onboard, and you cant beat Carnival's Price Match Gurantee.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:25 PM
Captain

Yes I recommend buying it on board.......my son got the ECO Citizen watch for half what it cost in the states....and it was on the Glory. Besides their guarantee is better served than a store in the caribbean....easier to get ahold of someone.
Old April 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Admiral

we also did better on the ship.
Old April 10th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Passenger

RH RISE in St. Thomas. My sister bought 2 Tags on a recent cruise. Also, St. Marteen had good prices.
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Passenger

It used to be St Thomas. Lately it's been St Martin but it would be subject to tax when declared at customs. I don't know which is the best tradeoff.
Old May 26th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran43
If sailing Carnival I reccomend buying it onboard...I wanted one on are Victory crusie last year, and thought I would look on the islands. The ship was actually cheaper, but I thought I would just wait. I just got off the 3/5 sailing of the Valor, and did the samething...Priced on the islands and ship was still cheaper. This time I bought it onboard, and you cant beat Carnival's Price Match Gurantee.
What is Carnival's Price Match Guarantee????????? Anyone know????
Old May 26th, 2006, 06:08 PM
Passenger

St Maarten has better prices because you're off the american soil. Don't go to the french side though, because they don't use American dollars and it doesn't exchange well.

There seemed to be a lot more variety in St. Thomas though.

Another thing - even though it's the same store (like diamonds international) on both islands, doesn't mean they're gonna have the same stuff! I missed out on something I wanted to buy because I figured I'd see if St. Maarten had it at a better price.