Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:49 PM
First Mate

Default Weather in the Southern Caribbean

We leave in just over a week heading from San Juan, then south towards Barbados. Checking the 10 day forecast for these islands shows a 30-40% chance of showers every single day. I have checked these earlier during the year and found the same thing. I understand that it is common to have short afternoon showers that blow in and blow out, but this makes it look like we will have no sunny clear days to look forward to. Can anyone who has cruised this part of the Caribbean before give me an idea of typical spring weather down there?

Thanks...

April 1, 2006 - Serenade of the Seas - 7 days to the Southern Caribbean

October 8, 1984 - NCL Sunward II - 3 day cruise to the Bahamas
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2006, 08:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have done the Southern Caribbean the last 2 years (Adventure) and the weather was good. Last year (3rd week in March) Aruba was very windy (more so than usual), Curacao was overcast (and the wind churned the water to prevent diving), St Maarten and St Thomas were wonderful. Temperatures were in the mid 80's. No rain as I recall in any port. The year before was a little nicer (2ns week in April). Water temperature was very nice. No rain. A little windy in Aruba but all other ports were great. In fact San Juan was hot and humid while we were there (I remember shop keepers in Old San Juan complaining how hot is was). Have a great trip.

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Our cruise through the souther caribbean a few weeks back had a forecast of 30% chance of rain each day. We had 1 5 minute preiod were a saw some random raindrops and that's it. Don't worry - I'm sure it will be great!!