Old March 28th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Beginner

Default Ocho Rios shore excursion

My girlfriend and I are sailing on the Imagination on 5/08/2006. I have been researching like crazy which does not bother me because I love doing that kind of stuff on the Internet. Through my searching I have found the dolphin encounter is cheaper through expedia.com instead of Carnival. Well actually, in order to do the dolphin encounter through Carnival you have to climb Dunn's River Falls and neither of us want to do that. So as I stated I have found the excursion cheaper elsewhere. The only problem now is getting to the destination. From reading the posts about Jamaica, some say it isn't safe to venture out by yourself, and others didn't mind. Well the two of us are 23 and 21, but that doesn't affect anything except for we won't mind the walk. But since we are on vacation who wants to do any work. Would taking a cab be a good idea. Again I have read that you get hounded by the drivers as soon as you get off the ship. Again I have found that JUTA taxi allows you to reserve a cab to transport you. Is this recommended?

Enough for this post, I am off to think up some more questions to ask. Thanks for the forum and the help.

Waiting to do the doc dance,

Christopher
Old March 28th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Is it possible for this private shore operator to pick you up at the ship. I wouldn't advise walking around by the pier. There are taxi's there if needed, I take a taxi before I walked.

Message Boards Moderator