Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Passenger

Default Cozumel/Key West... Jet Skiing????

Does anyone know a good place for jet skiing at either of these ports? I haven't really seen any excursions solely for jet sking on the RCCL site. I don't want to make a whole day of it, just want to rent them and ride!

Thanks for any recommendations!
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Beginner

We're going on the Enchantment in June, too! Our teenaged sons want to jet ski and I think we're going to do it in Key West. Two years ago we stopped at Key West on the Majesty - I don't think there's much else for teens to get excited about there. Then at Cozumel I think we'll go to a beach (and we're doing cave tubing in Belize).

I just googled "jet ski Key West" and there are a lot of rental places. Most will rent hourly, and then also offer a 1 1/2 - 2 hour tour around the island which is what we're going to do.
Old April 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Beginner

We sailed on the Empress last June (Key West/Cozumel) and booked a jet-ski trip thru this company. I don't think RCCL has any waverunner excursions due to the liability issue.
http://www.discountkeywest.com/html/waverunners.html
It was a guided tour around the island, but they give you several places to hot-dog and scoot around on your own. They leave from behind one of the hotels near the pier (about a 10 minute walk). Drivers must be 18 but once we were out of the harbor my 15 year old son and his friend drove with the adults on the back.

Cozumel had waverunners for rent at Paradise beach but we didn't do that. We rented a Jeep (@ $80) and drove to the back side of the island.

Have fun!!
Old April 25th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the tips, sainstrus and AdGuyMike!

Took your advice and we definitely are going to do the tour around Key West. One site said it was a 26 mile tour around the island! Sounds like so much fun but does it get tiring?

Thanks again. I can't wait to go now
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Beginner

Jannie,

When in June are you going? We'll be on Enchantment June 5th - 9th!
Old April 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Passenger

saintsrus,

oh no, you're going right as we're getting off! we cruise june 1st and get back june 5th, so maybe we'll run into each other in fort lauderdale 8)

anyway, i wish we did the 5 night instead. i really wanted to see belize and do the cabe tubing excursion that you and your sons are planning on. hope you guys enjoy your trip! thanks again for the advice.