Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Passenger

Default BOB Underwater Adventure (St.Thomas)

We'd like some feedback on this excursion. Is the scooter easy to navigate? Is the helmet secure? Our 14 yr old is interested in doing this w/ Dad! I'm not so sure... The description says anyone over 10 so I presume it's not too dangerous.

Thanks for the info!

Denise
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It just takes a little time to get used to driving the scooter, everything seems a lot closer to you than it actually is. Yes, the helmet is secure, not a problem there. They also have a few divers down there with you, in case you need assistance, plus they will take your picture with your camera while down there. Its a great excursion.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Passenger

Donna...How are you?! I haven't been here in a while and was pleased to see your reply.

You and hubby joined Doug and I and family in the RFS on the Explorer (or Voyager?) a few years ago.

Hope all is well. We're doing great. Andrew is going to be a Sophmore...ugh! He'll be 15 in June and of course will want his permit. OMGosh! I don't know where time has gone!

BTW, we tried to book the Freedom PFS for next May after school is out. Five minutes after the dates were released that cabin was completely booked for the summer and Thanksgiving! I called at 9:05! I was sooooo disappointed as I'd been calling every day for over a mth. Oh well!

Hope all is well w/ you and family.
Denise
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Admiral

HI Denise,
Of course I remember you and your family. I was sorry to hear you couldn't book Freedom next May, what a bummer. I'll be on Freedom this Sept., can't wait.

Any other cruises booked for you guys this year?

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

You will absolutely love this excursion. We have done this twice. The captain and crew are fantastic. You will be divided into groups of 6. When not on the BOB you will have plenty of time to snorkle. The cove they normally use is usually calm and the water is great. To enter the BOB you get in the water and holding onto the BOB push yourself backwards under the water and come up into the bubble. The whole process takes about 1 - 2 seconds. There is someone there to assist you just in case. The BOB doesn't go very fast and you are down about 25 feet. Bring underwater cameras and the crew will take the camera from you and take pictures of you and your family as well as the fish so you get some pretty good shots. For more info on the BOB check out their website at http://www.bobusvi.com/index.asp

Have a great time.

Sovereign - 3/99
Paradise - 4/00
Majesty - 11/00
Monarch - 12/02 (XMAS)
Radiance - 8/03 (AK) & 11/03
Adventure - 4/04, 3/05, 8/06
Navigator - 11/05
Century - 12/06
Serenade - 3/07

Adventure of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Passenger

The only one so far is the Adventure 5/21. It's getting close...yea!

The next one will be the Freedom hopefully, or possibly the Liberty(?) as it will soon be released for bookings. Bet you can't wait!

Denise
Old May 4th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Admiral

You're right there Denise, can't wait. I'm sure you'll get booked on one of the Freedom ships once they are out and cruising...

Message Boards Moderator