Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Passenger

Default ATT Calling Cards in Eastern Caribbean?

We are sailing in about a month to the Eastren Caribbean. We are leaving my almost 2 1/2 daughter with my in laws and would like to make a quick call to check in at each of the ports we'll be stopping at. Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. I have an ATT card with some minutes left from our trip to Costa Rica. Have any of you been able to successfully use your ATT cards at these ports? I hera some Caribbean phone companies block the ATT cards.

TIA!
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Passenger

I'm sorry. I forgot to specify it's a PRE-PAID calling card. One of those ATT cards you can purchase at a major retailer. Thanks again!
Old May 16th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Admiral

mosey,

We are sailing in about a month to the Eastren Caribbean. We are leaving my almost 2 1/2 daughter with my in laws and would like to make a quick call to check in at each of the ports we'll be stopping at. Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. I have an ATT card with some minutes left from our trip to Costa Rica. Have any of you been able to successfully use your ATT cards at these ports? I hera some Caribbean phone companies block the ATT cards.

It will work normally on St. Thomas. I don't know about the other islands.

Norm.
Old May 16th, 2006, 02:01 PM
Admiral

if there is an 800 customer service number on the card, call it and find out definately.
Old May 17th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Passenger

It used to be that the cards would work Now the islands have a set up that requires you to use their system and your card no longer works. If you have a cell phone check with your carrier. It may work with no additional charges. I know Verizon will.
Old May 20th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mosey: I agree with Lisa K. I too have an ATT pre-paid calling card. We bought it 2 yrs ago in Ft.Lauderdale prior to sailing to Panama Canal & W.Carib. I found that it could only be used with an "ATT" system; none of the dock area phones used AT&T, we had to taxi into the business district of Cozumel (downtown) to find an ATT phone system. Call the cust. service number and find out what your options are. Or, you can get a handful of coins and try to call collect or long distance using any system that's available to you. Good Luck!
When are you sailing to the E.Carib? Me & the family are going on Carnival Legend June 5th out of NYC..Donna

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not really wasted at all" ~ John Lennon
Carnival Victory to N/E & Canada 7 days