Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 22nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Passenger

Default WHAT JEWELRY STORE HAS THE BEST PRICES IN ST. THOMAS ?

.....I HOPE TO GET MANY RESPONSES & OPINIONS; SO.....I'VE BEEN TO ST. THOMAS BEFORE & HAVE SEEN SO MANY SHOPS OFFER SO MANY NICE PIECES; BUT ...CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT JEWELRY STORE HAS THE BEST PRICES IN ST. THOMAS ??...AND; ON THE OTHER HAND...WHAT JEWELRY STORE(S) SHOULD BE AVOIDED IN ST. THOMAS ??? .....THANKS
Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2006, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Bought a nice omega necklace for my wife at Omni Jewlers. I did shop for a while and attended the shopping seminar on the ship. Omni Jewlers was one of the shops recommended by the shopping coordinator onboard. Once in the store, I still had to bargain with the manager to get the price I wanted to pay. In the end I paid exactly half of what the omegas were going for retail at the jewelery stores here in Florida. Also helps to know what you want beforehand and how much it cost at home, then you can see what good deals they have in the islands.
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Yeoman

Celebrity Jewelry at Haversight (sp?) Mall. As soon as you get off the ship. See Mark. Very nice man and great prices on diamonds and other gems.
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Admiral

We like shopping at Royal Caribbean
Old May 26th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Passenger

I didn't like the main ones. they're guaranteed by some ships (i know princess was) but they're paying the ship to advertise for them.

My sister bought something at Diamonds International and I bought something almost identical at Renaissance Jewelry and Renaissance had a much better price. I've had it checked too to make sure it was real, etc.

Good luck!
Old June 1st, 2006, 01:49 PM
Passenger

Default Looking for Gold; not Diamonds ?

Thanks..........I really appreciate all of the responses & hope to get even more.........Years Ago; I bought my wife a Gold Necklace in Acapullco & she & others have raved about it since; so I guess that I ; but would be interested in the best place to buy GOLD ( such as rings with semi-precious stones or necklaces or earings ) in ST. THOMAS ???? Thanks Again
Old June 8th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Passenger

I've purchased from Omni Jewelers in downtown St. Thomas and also AH Rise. I was much more successful in the art of negotiation at Omni than AH Rise. But, my purchase at AH Rise was a designer piece which by contract cannot be discounted as much as other pieces.

St. Thomas and St. Marteen are my two favorite shopping locations in the world, not to mention some of the nicest beaches!

Happy shopping!
Old June 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

As a previous posted pointed out, make sure you know before you go. Check locally and see what you like and how much it is. You'll have a better idea once you get there whether you are really getting a good deal or not. I live in a state that doesn't have any sales tax so I've found that many times I can buy comparable jewelry at home for less than I can in the islands.
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Sissybrat

We purchased both a diamond necklace and a gold chain necklace at Cardow Jewelers in St. Thomas......(On the main street) and were very happy....they are willing to barter a little and I feel we did very well.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 10:01 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to kimxotennis

diamonds international.
and if you buy it, and go back in a few years you can turn it back in for credit and get something new. just keep the receipt.
Old December 19th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jewels Salon & Boutique at A.H. Riise gave me a real nice deal on a Swiss watch I had been wanting to buy. Saved about $1800 off the going US price. It should be noted that their quoted price is very negotiable. Just like buying a car.

Tim