Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 6th, 2006, 01:18 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting/Cozumel

I originally posted this in the Mexico area but there are just alot of lookers and no takers. So has anyone done this excursion through Carnival???

Has anyone done this excursion in Cozumel? My mom and I are interested in cooking and thought this would be fun. Anyone know??

We are sailing the Conquest on December 3rd.
Below is the description on the Carnival Website.

Mexican Cuisine Cooking & Tasting
Have a great time while learning the secrets of Mexican cooking by preparing a full course meal.

On this educational excursion you will:

Board an air-conditioned bus at the pier for a scenic ride to Playa Mia Grand Beach Park.
Learn, from a prestigious chef, the art of cooking traditional Mexican cuisine.
Be given your individual workstation with all ingredients and utensils.
Listen as the chef assists you in the food preparation and answers any questions you may have.
Be served your own creation, accompanied by fine Mexican wines, in a festive atmosphere.
Spend approximately one hour enjoying the beach facilities, including unlimited domestic open bar and non-motorized water sports.

Note: Minimum age is 18 years.

Comfortable beach clothing, a towel, hat, sunglasses and sunscreen are recommended.

5 Hours
$79.00

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Old July 6th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default mexico food tasting

We haven't tried it yet but spoke to passengers who did it on our last cruise. They loved it and would do it again. Shall put that excursion on our "to do" list for our next western cruise.
Old July 6th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Admiral

have not personally done anything like that, but if that really interests you then go for it! Did you say hmmmm that looks very interesting when you found out about this excursion? If so, then i think you have answered your own question.
Old July 6th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just not sure if I want to spend $79.00 on this or spend $ for the whole family to do something else. Since this is 5 hours long I really wouldn't be able to do two excursions. Still debating on this one.
Old July 7th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Admiral

I would never do this excursion, just can't bring myself to eat food of any kind (unless it's from a sealed container) outside the U.S., don't want to take any chances of ruining the rest of my vacation.
Old July 7th, 2006, 01:30 PM
Admiral

okiemom, i thought that $79.00 was a bit steep, but i don't know how much things like that run. I have heard that Play Mia is a beautiful beach, perhaps your family could meet you there, they could hang out on the beach while you took your class? They would have to take a taxi.
5 hours will eat up all your time in Cozumel. The 5 hours includes transportation time.
Rosetatto brings up a very good point. Its really not a good idea to eat fresh fruits and vegetables in Mexico, unless you personally wash them with bottled water. I would think that the cruise lines would be very cautious about the sanitary conditions.
Old July 7th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hadn't even thought about the sickness aspect of the excursion. I have an Iron Stomach but if I was going to get sick this would be the time. I'll really have to think about this.