Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Beginner

Default Serenade of seas quest.

[color=darkblue][/color
We will be on SOS S. Carib cruise. I understand the cruise has one sea day during which the ship sails by numerous islands including Montserrat. Which side of the ship would be best to view therse islands from our balcony? Also which side as the ship sails by the Petons on St Lucia?
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2006, 01:18 AM
First Mate

We went on this ship last April and LOVED it!

When you leave St. Lucia, the island will be on the port side of the ship. The captain took her in between the Pitons, stopped, and then pivoted her 360 degrees so that all side could see the mountains before sailing out to sea. On Friday, Monserrat was on the starboard side, but the captain again stopped and pivoted the ship in front of the volcano. As we sailed north, Saba was on the port side. I think that St. Kitts was on the starboard. I don't remember.

We went up to the helipad for the sailing past the islands, so we got to see the all!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100
Old July 12th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

Yep, above poster is correct. Just remember to have lots of film. You should get some great shots! It'll be better if you have a camera with a zoom lense.

Sheffie, out of curiosity, did you guys encounter kids in a boat from the island while doing the sunset cruise around the Pitons?
Old July 13th, 2006, 02:45 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra
Sheffie, out of curiosity, did you guys encounter kids in a boat from the island while doing the sunset cruise around the Pitons?
We had a man in a boat who came out to the ship. The captain said to not throw money out to him, but some people did. Some people said they thought his boat was going to get run over by our ship, but it didn't. I cannot imagine the view from the beach of that huge ship spinning around in a circle. I bet the people at the hotel there enjoy it!
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain

Check out my cruise photos: http://community.webshots.com/user/Sheffie100