CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/)
-   -   Disembarking in San Juan (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/caribbean-panama-canal/316988-disembarking-san-juan.html)

Parrot Mom July 10th, 2006 02:38 PM

Disembarking in San Juan

:?: Looking at cruises and one disembarks in San Juan... now my ? is.. is there a direct flight from San Juan to Boston? It;s going to be a trans-atlantic and the one ship we are interested ends up in P.R.

dina July 10th, 2006 02:58 PM

Three airlines fly non-stop from San Juan to Boston. Continental, US Airways and American Airlines.

Parrot Mom July 10th, 2006 03:04 PM

:roll: Thank you so much... Looking at the Galaxy and the itinerary for trans-atlantic is great.. and if the ship is rehabbed I might consider it.. We have already done the Century... One thing is for sure.. I'll book this probably at a travel show this coming January..

dina July 10th, 2006 03:30 PM

Good luck on booking. Hopefully you'll get good prices on the airfare.

Parrot Mom July 10th, 2006 04:22 PM

LOL When we booked our first Celebrity cruise.. I came in with all sorts of prices and cabin choices...and since I knew what I wanted and didn't want.. or thought I didn't want (CC category).. they wheeled and dealed and kept tossing in things so that the cruise ended up being a bargain and we got the CC cabin for the cost of "ocean view"..lol Since the travel show is in January 2007... and the three cruises I'm looking at are in December 2007...I'm sure when I walk in and say I want to book a cruise..and what can you do for me...they will be falling all over me...lol, they did last time.. It's just a matter of which ship and which itinerary.. one disembarks in San Juan, one in Ft. Lauderdale and one in Miami.. I'll be delighted to immediately pay "deviation" fee to make sure I fly DIRECTLY from San Juan to Boston. and fly from Boston to London and then Barcelona where I have a great little hotel and best of all a great taxi driver/guide to pick us up.. Life can be good... First, beautiful Bermuda in 61 days

Rev22:17 July 11th, 2006 01:29 AM

Parrot Mom,

Looking at cruises and one disembarks in San Juan... now my ? is.. is there a direct flight from San Juan to Boston? It;s going to be a trans-atlantic and the one ship we are interested ends up in P.R.

Be aware that Puerto Rico is considered to be part of the United States for purposes of customs and immigration. Thus, you'll clear U. S. immigration and customs during disembarkation from the ship. The flight to San Juan to the mainland operates as a domestic flight, so you don't have to reclaim your luggage to clear customs if your preferred airline requires a connection. Also, if you book on one of the airlines that offers nonstop service from San Juan (SJU) to Boston (BOS), you'll arrive at the airline's normal terminal rather than at the International Terminal (currently Terminal E) at Logan.

Norm.

Parrot Mom July 11th, 2006 06:15 AM

:roll: Now that's positive and something to remember.
Thank You

Darcy July 11th, 2006 11:51 AM

Keep watching American. They do run specials between Boston and San Juan. I booked roundtrip air, non-stop for $253

LisaK July 11th, 2006 11:58 AM

wow Darcy, that is a Great rate! We flew American direct from Boston.
FYI - try not to book on the Airbus(for lack of a better word) if you can, this flight is basically a commuter flight, and when we flew it was very crowded and noisy with lots of kids. It wasn't a relaxing flight by any means, and i love kids.

Parrot Mom July 11th, 2006 12:09 PM

LOL we will be possibly doing an trans-atlantic and would be disembarking in San Juan. Would make my reservations to fly to Europe and fly from San Juan with deviations through cruise line.....no cow runs for us.

condobahia July 21st, 2006 05:01 AM

hope you have time to enjoy

the city of San Juan before you fly off, the city has a storage place , where you can leave your luggage and walk around the old city, then take a cab to the airport 15 minutes away

Rev22:17 July 21st, 2006 10:02 AM

LisaK,

... try not to book on the Airbus(for lack of a better word) if you can, this flight is basically a commuter flight...

No, Airbus does not make commuter planes. Airbus manufactures only big jets, with more than one hundred seats.

... when we flew it was very crowded and noisy with lots of kids

That tends to happen to most flights during school vacation weeks, but it has nothing whatsoever to do with "commuter" flights.

Norm.

Darcy July 21st, 2006 05:15 PM

Luckily for us we're going the first week of September so most of the kids should be back to school by then.