Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Golden Eagle Excursion?

We are taking our first cruise next month on the Glory. One of the excursions in St. Maarten is the Golden Eagle Catamaran - We would appreciate any info & comments on this. Is it better to book excursions before you depart or wait til you board or buy them on the island?
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2006, 02:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Otown,
I like to pre-book any excursions I really want to do, especially if I want a certain time because of other activities. Also, some popular ones do fill up quickly, so I'f pre-book anything you want to do.

I've also heard a lot of positive feedback from this excursion.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden Eagle Excursion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTown
We are taking our first cruise next month on the Glory. One of the excursions in St. Maarten is the Golden Eagle Catamaran - We would appreciate any info & comments on this. Is it better to book excursions before you depart or wait til you board or buy them on the island?
My wife & I did this excursion a few weeks ago and it was exellent!!
The ride to and from Tintamarre Island was a lot of fun by itself. When you get there, they anchor in about 10 feet of water and drop the ladder to help you get off the cat, but you have to swim ashore. For folks like me, who don't swim, they can take you ashore by dinghy. The water & beach are beautiful. Rum punch was served on the way over to the island, and on the way back they added sandwiches & champagne. I would not hesitate to recommend this excursion.
Carnival - 3 times
NCL - 1 time
Premier - 1 time
Cunard - coming up soon
Staten Island Ferry - many times
QM2
Explorer of the Seas
Veendam
Old August 7th, 2006, 02:11 PM
Admiral

Otown - i answered you over on the Shore Excursions thread. Book it, book it NOW, it is very popular and sells out fast. You will love the Golden Eagle.
Old September 19th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Passenger

We were on the Golden eagle Tour a couple of years ago, it was GREAT! The ride to and from the island is fun, on the way way out we had Mimossas (it was morning) and on the way back they played island music and had beer and rum punch, and sandwiches. Everyone was dancing and had a great time.

While on the island, I was floating around on a noodle, and one of the crew came out to me IN the water with a cooler and asked it I would like a drink.....does not get any better than that!

My only advice................bring lots of sunscreen and a hat, the sun is STRONG!

1997 Carnival Fantasy Eastern Carib.
1998 Celebrity Mercury Western Carib.
2001 Royal Carribean Enchantment Eastern Car.
2003 Royal Caribbean Navigator Eastern Cariib.