Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Default Black GFalcon Pier --Boston to Bermuda this weekend

Anybody going to Bermuda from Boston this weekend...driving not flying in to the pier??? Please report back what will be allowed through security....Jewelry, lipstick, makeup, medications in containers.. I'm so angry that I'm spitting nails and on the verge of tears because of these potential teroriszts... One question... why didn't the US people catch them... Please report back..... I have 31 more days...
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

Anybody going to Bermuda from Boston this weekend...driving not flying in to the pier??? Please report back what will be allowed through security....Jewelry, lipstick, makeup, medications in containers..

The new security regulations really are no big deal. Just pack your liquids (tolietries, cosmetics, suntan lotion, skin care products, etc.) in your CHECKED luggage if you are flying.

[i]One question... why didn't the US people catch them... [/i[

Probably because they were not in the United States.

According to the news reports that I heard this morning, the terrorists that the British aurhorities had just arrested were British subjects (born in the United Kingdom) of Pakistani ancestry. They apparently hatched their plot to blow up American airliners returning to the States from England in the United Kingdom. There was not much for U. S. authorities to do in this case. If anything points to collaboration with any individuals who are here in the States, the FBI will be on top of it.

Norm.
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Admiral

Norm....remember... we are NOT flying but driving into the Black Falcon Pier...I am wondering if we will be allowed to pack our makeup and jewelry...on our carry on.. You I believe have not cruised out of tht port.. I'm just going to wait until I call and ask around the local cruise agencies, like V.O. This s an entire different situation than flying
Old August 10th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Parrot Mom,

am wondering if we will be allowed to pack our makeup and jewelry...on our carry on..

Sure, no problem. The new regulations apply only to aviation.

Look at it another way. When you board a plane, your checked luggage goes into the cargo bay and you don't have access to it until you arrive at your destination. On a cruise ship, by contrast, your checked luggage gets delivered to your cabin a few hours later so you can use it on board. Thus, a rule that something has to be in your checked luggage would have no real impact on a cruise ship because you still would have access to it.

Norm.
Old August 10th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Admiral

A woman without a tube of lipstick...lol