Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to m1ichael39
Default Party places in Belize City, Roatan, and Costa Maya?????

Does anyone know of THE party place where locals/cruisers gather in any of these ports? I have been on 16 cruises and usually end up in Senor Frog's/Carlos N Charlie's/Margaritaville after my excursion. These are new ports for me so I have no idea where to go. I will be on the Halloween sailing of Carnival's Valor. I appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance,
Michael
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi Michael,

I do not know the other cruise ports, but here a piece of advise for Costa Maya. CM is a fishing village port where most people book excursions...since there is not a whole lot to do otherwise. Major party is therefore at the cruise terminal where you have a round area with restaurants and swimming pools in the middle, loud music, life music and games, unfortunately no beach and swimming there is not recommendable (stones and waves)..the other option is to go to the village "Mahahual". You got a wide sandy beach, beautiful, and beach bars and restaurants..most of the people, if not on tour or at the pier, go there..you got some stores for local handcrafts as well.
Other than partying there, the Chacchobben and Kohunlich Mayan ruins are really special and worth seeing...good luck

****edited by moderator***
Old September 10th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

i don't know about the locals, but the pier in costa maya was rockin when we were there - of course it was cinco de mayo that day, but it didn't really seem to matter.

there is a free pool with swim-up bar that was selling the yardstick beer bongs and those things were EVERYWHERE! lots of other places to get a drink, a few cafes, a small sand area with hammocks, live music, etc. we hung out there after our excursion until it was time to leave and i actually had to turn around for one last look before getting back on the ship.

i know lots of people enjoy doing the "local thing" but if you can't find a recommendation, enjoy the pier area.

lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Admiral

Doubt that will find much of a party atmosphere in Roatan. It is a beatiful island with wonderful people but not known as a party place. NMnita
Old September 13th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Admiral

When we were in Costa Maya in July, the pool area was shut down, the pool was drained and being worked on, and no one allowed in that area. If it is repaired when you sail, it's the perfect spot to party. Can't comment on Roatan's hot spots, we booked an excursion to Tabyana Beach and had a great time, beautiful beach, water was clean, good snorkeling right off the beach, lounge chairs, massages on the beach, hair braiding, inexpensive buffet lunch, clean restrooms, bar and live music, we hated to leave. Belize City has a bar on the pier in the shops you walk thru to get to the taxis, etc. I'm sure other posters will have some recommendations for you here. If you've never sailed on the Valor, you're in for a real treat, it is an awesome ship and the staff's enthusiasm, efficiency, and sense of fun is passed on to the cruise passengers. We have sailed on her many times, it is our favorite Carnival ship. Wish we were sailing with you. Have a great cruise!!!

Rose
Old September 13th, 2006, 01:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to patt0122

Hi Michael,
I am getting ready to leave on that cruise this Sunday. I have done a lot of reseach on the different ports. I have already been to Grand Caymen, and there is all sorts of places here. I am doing the same excursion there....swimming with the stingrays!!! It is wonderful.

I already have scooters rented on Roatan Island.....In my research several places had mentioned Capt. Van's rentals. I have dealt with them via the internet, and they really seem very repitable. They are picking us up at the dock, and once our scooters are rented, they are giving us a "treasure map" that hits over 50 miles on the island. I had wanted to go to 2 different places, and thought this will give me the opportunity to see what ever I want. Not expensive either......$39 for a 2 Yamaha, 2 seater, for 24 hrs....(we are in port for 8) I figure this will also give us the opportunity to go to any local areas we want. I am really looking forward to this. We have chosen not to do an excursion while in Belize, as it is their Independence Day while we are there.......I have read there will be parades and much celebrating going on.....I am really excited about this. Then we are doing the "Jungle Beach Break" in Costa Maya......just going to "Uvero Beach" Per Carnival..."Enjoy a tropical beach break at Uvero Beach, one of Costa Maya’s newest and most popular beaches. Ticket price includes entrance to the beach, open bar, use of hammocks, non–motorized water sports (based on availability) and round trip transportation. Fresh water showers, rest rooms and changing rooms are available. Guests can return at their leisure with buses running every 45 minutes" We really liked the idea of the open bar here. Also, if you have been on that many cruises you may feel the same way I do about Mexico......Mexico is Mexico.....nice, relaxing, lots of alcohol and partying, same stuff in any of the shopping areas........This is our last stop, so we are just here to really party!!!!

I am very excited about the response from the response from the person who said the Valor is such a nice ship. This will be my 5 cruise on Carnival. I am looking forward to the newer ship. Newest one I have been on was the Destiny, and we had all sorts of problems there. I am glad to hear this is such a nice ship.

I will be happy to let you know what I find when I get back. Please feel free to e-mail me personnaly at patt0122@gmail.com ( not sure if that will show up so it is patt0122 at gmail. com (just all strung together)

Hope I find all the special places.
Pat in KC
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

you will have a BLAST on the valor!!! it's the only carnival ship i've been on but i have no complaints at all except that the goofy cabin steward found us hiding in the closet after we pulled in to port and told us we had to leave. i covered my eyes and pretended not to hear him, thinking he would go away but he didn't. and i had to go home. *sigh*

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010