Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to Pammy
Default RCI Excursion in Ocho Rios

Has anyone done the Reggae Baby Boat Cruise, Beach, & Falls in Ocho Rios? We are going on the NOS in November. I am not able to climb the falls due to a leg problem. However, I would love to see the falls and watch the others climb. From the description of this excursion, it sounds as though there is a beach at the bottom - if so, does this excursion allow you to spend your time there? I appreciate your responses.
Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Admiral

getting to the falls by boat is the best way to get there IMO.
There are stairs and a platform alongside the falls for viewing.
I do not know of this particular excursion, but if the description includes "beach" then you will get some beach time.
The beach at the base of the falls is nice, you will have to bring your own towels & stuff, there are no places to rent chairs or anything like that. There is a snack hut and a bar if my memory serves me.
Old September 19th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Pammy,

Has anyone done the Reggae Baby Boat Cruise, Beach, & Falls in Ocho Rios? We are going on the NOS in November. I am not able to climb the falls due to a leg problem. However, I would love to see the falls and watch the others climb. From the description of this excursion, it sounds as though there is a beach at the bottom - if so, does this excursion allow you to spend your time there? I appreciate your responses.

If you have never done so, take the tour that visits Prospect Plantation in addition to Dunn's River Falls. I don't want to spoil the surprise and delight, but Prospect Plantation is almost a magical place. Since you'll ride around the plantation on a jitney drawn by a tractor, your leg won't prevent you from participating fully in the tour.

There is a beach at the bottom of Dunn's River falls, but that may well be the rub if you have a leg problem -- it's at the bottom, and the access to the park is at the top. If you can climb the stairs next to the falls to get badk to the parking area from the beach, you can climb the falls just as easily.

Have a great cruise, whatever you decide!

Norm.
Old September 19th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Admiral

I accompanied my daughter, son-in-law and grandson, via catamaran, on an excursion to Dunns River Falls. My grandson was too young to climb the falls so I stayed on the beach with him while my daughter and son-in-law climbed the Falls. Our tour guides advised us not to bring anything onshore from the catamaran as there are lots of people on the beach not associated with the cruise lines. This proved to be very inconvenient because we didn't want to even bring our Carnival towels on the beach for fear they would disappear and we would be responsible for the replacement fee.