Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Passenger

Default Grand Cayman Turtle Farm in Boatswains Beach now

My wife wanted to visit the Turtle Farm while in GC but now I am reading that the farm is now being held in an attraction called Boatswains Beach which is like a theme park- with theme park prices $60 for adults and $35 for children. I'm not even sure if it is open yet.

Does anyone have any other information/experience with this park?

I know there are other things to do in the park, but my wife is just interested in the turtles (she doesn't snorkel and not a bird lover) and $155 for the 3 of us to see some turtles is out of the ball park.
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I was just in GC and knew nothing about a park opening up. I did a Google search, and it says that a park is suppose to open this year.

What does the excursion say through your cruise site? Have they started opening up for the Beach thing, or are they still doing the Turtle, Hell, stingray thing?

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old September 29th, 2006, 03:41 PM
Passenger

We did the Turtle Farm, Town of Hell and Tortega Rum Cake tour but it's been a few years. I didn't know they were opening a park either which is pretty neat, but not if you just want to see the turtles. When we went in 2002 the tanks looked old and paint was chipping off them and such, it just looked like it needed some repair. We had a good time and I even got to hold one of the baby turtles. Maybe you could find out from the cruise line if you have to do the whole park or if you can pay for certain areas of the park like with Disney. You might even do a search and see if there are any other turtle farm tours in the area that do just the turtles.

Good luck,
Lynn

PS testing my ticker not sure which one you post.

~ Royal Caribbean "Monarch of the Seas" June 2002
~ Carnival "Fantasy" July 2003
~ Carnival "Glory" November 2006
Old October 1st, 2006, 02:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to chosen175

we did the hell/rum factory/turtle farm tour at the beginning of may this year. the sign out front said "boatswain's cayman turtle farm" but there was no sign of any building of an amusement park anywhere nearby. i can't even imagine that there would be room, since the area had quite a few buildings nearby that didn't seem to belong to the turtle farm.

they WERE, however, building bigger habitats for the turtles while we were there. the turtles were kept in big tanks and they were building some kind of sandy beach thing for them to make it a more realistic "mating" habitat.

since i keep EVERYTHING, i took another look at the pics and found the wrist bands they gave us. their web site is listed on there as www.turtle.ky and the email address is listed as ctfl@candw.ky. maybe you can check out directly from the source if there are new plans in the works.

either way, enjoy the cruise and don't forget to take some GREAT pics when they let you hold the baby turtles!

Lisa

Carnival Valor April 2006
Contemplating a cruise wedding in 2010
Old October 12th, 2006, 12:51 PM
Admiral

Yes I got that info from the Boatswain people in an email.
What a shame that they will lose out on customers who just want to see the turtles(like us-a family of 4). They should think about a turtle farm only admission charge.
I know we could do the $25 tour with say- Cptn.Marvins-but we only wanted to see the turtles and do our own thing by taking the local bus to Seven Mile Beach,etc.
I am hoping they think about the Turtle Farm admission only; but that is a great idea to search to see if there are turtles to view at any of our other ports like Roatan/Belize/Cozumel!!!
Brenda