Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Passenger

Default San Juan late arrival question

Hi...our group's flight arrives in San Juan 4pm-ish, which I wish was earlier but had no control over. Since this is my first time in San Juan, I have no idea of how the ship is situated with the rest of the island. Once we check in the ship and our stateroom, will we have time to do some poking around town before departure? If the ship is scheduled to depart at 10, when would we be expected to be back on board? Is it easy to catch a cab at the pier to do a quick tour of the city? Another dumb question.. When is the lifeboat drill done...late at night?
Thanks for the advice!
Jim
Conquest 1-05
Destiny 10-06
Pride 9-08
Freedom 10-09
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Jim
I think by the timeyou land, collect luggage and get your transportation to the pier, then go through the check-in process it may be too late to really go out and see much of San Juan. You can explore the ship and get ready for dinner. They will have the dinner at the regular time and the life boat drill will be close to the time you are to depart. It will take about half an hour drive from the airport to the pier, so you're looking at getting there at around 6:00 and the early dinner is usually around that time.

Have a great time.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to BoricuaStud

Well dude.. too bad you are getting to SJ too late... the airport and the pier are kind of near, and once you are at the pier.. it's just walking to the old san juan city where you could find souvenir stores, restaurants, etc, but Im not sure you could have enough time to do some walking around the city...

[img]/countdown.php?month=10&year=2006&day=29&hour=21:00[/img]
Old October 6th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Passenger

We will also be arriving in San Juan around 4 ish. Are you flying in from Houston?
We don't leave San Juan to come home until 5PM and our ship will dock at 8AM so we will see what we can of San Juan after we end the cruise. We want to go to the Bacardi Factory for their tour. Is that a good thing to do?
Old October 7th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Passenger

Yes, anything is better than hanging around the airport all day. There are tour operators outside the cruise ship area that offer tours and transfer. You will see them as you exit the terminal.
They have some good tours at good prices.
I went to the distillery with them, you can find them at sanjuantourguides@yahoo.com
check them out
Old October 9th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Passenger

Our flight departs Nashville and goes thru Charlotte on US Air. If I have any time at all between getting to the ship and its departure, that will be my only time to see San Juan, since our flight leaves at about 1:30 when we return to port. I was thinking I wouldn't take any carry on luggage and once we were cleared to get on the ship, I would get back off and dash around to at least see what I could. I figured there would be no time for any sort of organized tour...just was hoping that there was enough town/sights to see within a couple hours by taxi or walking. At any rate...it's less than a month away! YAY!
Conquest 1-05
Destiny 10-06
Pride 9-08
Freedom 10-09
Old October 10th, 2006, 05:45 AM
Passenger

check out www.puertoricoplanner.com for possible tours by clicking on sightseeing and then on expert and have fun
Old November 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Passenger

for those of you thinking of visiting Puerto Rico, here is a photo-video of how the locals feel and what you mightsee, Check it out at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHpTy...=puerto%20rico
For more information on tours check out www.puertoricoplanner.com click on sightseeing and then on expert