Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Excursions in St Thomas?

My husband and I are leaving next week on Carnival Valor. We are traveling with another couple, no kids. Not sure what to do in St. Thomas. I check the weather forcast and it looks like we may have thunderstorms while in port....so not sure if we should bank on a whole day of sitting on the beach. I have been looking at Carnival's excusion list on line and not sure which ones are worth the $$$. Has anyone been there lately and can recommend a Carnival excursion and/or a do-it-yourself excursion? Or have you been an excusion that we should stay away from? Thanks !
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM
Admiral

indianacruiser,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
My husband and I are leaving next week on Carnival Valor. We are traveling with another couple, no kids. Not sure what to do in St. Thomas. I check the weather forcast and it looks like we may have thunderstorms while in port....so not sure if we should bank on a whole day of sitting on the beach. I have been looking at Carnival's excusion list on line and not sure which ones are worth the $$$. Has anyone been there lately and can recommend a Carnival excursion and/or a do-it-yourself excursion? Or have you been an excusion that we should stay away from? Thanks !
Having been to St. Thomas several times, my strong preference is any shore excusion that involves a catamaran to St. John. If Carnival offers it the "Champagne Catamaran Sailaway to St. John" is superb -- well worth every cent of the price!

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old October 16th, 2006, 02:47 PM
Admiral

totally agree with Norm, the Champagne catamaran sail is the way to go.
BTW if the forecast is for thunderstorms they won't ruin your day, they are using fairly quick moving storms.
Old October 16th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Admiral

Anything to Saint John would be worthwhile. I did an island tour and that is my favorite island in the Caribbean, much of it being a National Park.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">