Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 15th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Beginner

Default Mexican Cooking Excursion in Cozumel

If you are looking for a FUN excursion in Cozumel, I would HIGHLY recommend the Mexican Cooking Clas with Luis! 10 of us just did it last week, and had the BEST day! We cooked and then ate what we made. We had all the margaritas, pina coladas, beer or soda we wanted while we cooked, and laughed the whole time! Luis, David & Moises were very patient and had as much fun as we did (I think, they did!) while we played in the kitchen. It is worth every bit of the $79.00 it cost to do this excursion - a really fun & unique way to pass the day in Cozumel!
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Passenger

I am interested in this excursion, but wasn't sure if I'd like it. What did you cook? Where was the cooking done? Hotel, ??? Is it an all day excursion? I need some time for shopping.
RCCL Brilliance of the Seas, Panama 12/05
Carnival Valor, Western 1/05
Married on Carnival Destiny, Southern 12/2000
Carnival Fantasy, Bahamas 11/97
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Beginner

We made an appetizer, a grouper main dish, and a rice tower dessert. Then, when we were served our food, they added a rice side dish to the main plate. It was really good! It was done at Playa Mia, a little area that has all kinds of beach activities. After it was over - about 2 - 2 1/2 hours - some of us stayed at the beach & some went back to town to shop. The ones that went back early got a taxi at the entrance to Playa Mia. Definitely time to do everything!
Old November 19th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did you do this excursion privately or through the cruise line (if so which one were you on)? Any singles on this excursion? Singles as in alone, I don't mean a place to "meet" singles.

I want to do this one too. My guys are doing an ATV excursion but I opted not to. Hmmm cooking and eating and drinking at the beach vs muddy ATV - no contest!!

Kim
Old November 21st, 2006, 12:16 PM
Beginner

We booked this through our cruise line. There were 4 other people in the class from 2 other ships, and they also booked through the cruise. There are 20 spots for the class, so being a "single" isn't a problem. It is just more fun with a group. But, the cooking stations are set up for 4 people at each one, so you are cooking with a partner even if you come alone. Then, when you sit to eat, the tables are set up for 10 at each table, so again, you aren't by yourself. I would say do it - it's so much fun!
Old November 21st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Janikh, which cruise line were you sailing?

The excursion does sound fun. I don't want to cook alone, but I'm taking this excursion alone - that's what I meant. So the arrangements you talked about sound just fine to me.

Kim
Old November 22nd, 2006, 11:57 PM
Beginner

We were on Carnival. We booked the excursion several weeks before the cruise because we had to secure places for 10 people. But there were 6 open spaces in our class, so I am guessing that the other cruise lines did not fill their quotas. You will have a ball! Take lots of pictures so your family can see how talented you are!
Old November 23rd, 2006, 06:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oh super! I'm on Carnival too (Miracle). I'll book as soon as I can. Now I know at least the max is 16 people so that's good too.

Kim