Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Beginner

Default Herod and Alvin make you feel like rockstars...

I returned last September from thirteen days of Nirvana in Soufriere, St. Lucia. I was first introduced to St. Lucia on a Celebrity cruise three years ago...that is when I met Herod and his friend Alvin from Herod's Taxi Service.

We choose not to do the cruise excersions, since we are a little more adventurous and didn't want to be crammed into a bus with a hundred other people. We wanted to get a true sense of the culture and not the inside of yet another duty free shop. As we departed the ship, Herod was one of the first people to approach us, we discussed the details and decided to use their services.

It was not a mistake!

Since that first meeting, I have returned again on Royal Caribbean last November, and then this September we decided to spend two weeks to see if the magic of the Island was the Island or if it was our friends, Herod and Alvin.

I have come to the firm conclusion...it is both!

If you truely want to experience the culture and beauty of this amazing Island...then you must call Herod for your day of Paradise. It is the only way to be introduced to the Island. His introduction to the island for me, the first time, bound me deeply to the island and especially its people.

I cannot say enough good things about Herod and Alvin. Everytime I go they manage to escalate my experience to a new height! They are both friendly, courteous, timely, dependable, entertaining, gracious, knowledgable, accomodating and reasonable! Every cent I have have spent with them was sooooo worth it! My friend and I felt like rockstars every day we spent with Herod and Alvin.

My recommendation is to give them a call! Spend the day with these two great guys and experience the magic for yourself! I would take the taxi down to Soufriere, see the botanical gardens and waterfall, and then go to the Jalouise or Anse Chastenet beaches, and then if you are feeling adventurous hop in Alvins water taxi for one of the most spectacular views of St. Lucias gorgeous west coast. He'll be able to taxi you right up to the ship dock!

***edited to remove advertising****
Sponsored Links