Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
Captain

Default SERVICIO COLLECTIVOS - Inexpensive way to travel in Yucatan

My husband and I recently returned from back to back cruises to Mexico. While in Playa del Carmen, we took a bus from Playa to Tulum for $2.80 each. Then, after seeing Tulum, we caught a Servicio Collectivo van back to Playa del Carmen for $2.50 each. The vans go back and forth between Playa del Carmen and Tulum.

On the next trip to Playa del Carmen, we took a Servicio Collectivo van to Cancun for $3.00 each. We then took a city van to Puerto Juarez and rode the ferry to Isla Mujeres, a small island off of Cancun. After walking around Isla Mujeres for a while, we caught the ferry back to Cancun. We then took a city van to the Servicio Collectivo drop off, then the Servicio Collectivo van back to Playa del Carmen. (It helps that my husband speaks Spanish.)

We had a great time, and saved a lot of money. Just thought I'd share this information with anyone who might be interested.

Libragirl from Texas 8)
Sponsored Links