Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Default Is it possible to do Playa Mia without booking thru ship?

I'd like to visit Playa Mia, but I'm not so happy with the price. Is it possible to get a better deal by just taking a taxi there and paying the admission on our own? I've found that at quite a few places we've visited in the past we have saved a bit by doing it this way, but Playa Mia doesn't have prices posted on their site.
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes we went there last year in March. There are three prices one that includes just the basic . One that includes all the food , And the deluxe one includes all you can eat, and all you can drink ,and all non motor water sports for 44.00 dollars each person . The basic was 12.00 .per person . WE paid 10.00 each way for a taxi for 6 people. It was well worth it!!!!!!!!!. They have a water trampoline and kayaks, water iceburg my twelve year old loved it . I wish I was going again . We are going to the Eastern in April on the Glory.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Freedom May 2010
Carnival Liberty January 2009
Carnival Freedom April 2008
Carnival Glory April 2007
Carnival Miracle March 2006
Carnival Glory April 2005
Old December 24th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Passenger

We were at Playa Mia last Febraury (2006) - great time!!!!

There were 6 of us so we ended up renting a minivan from Executive right at the port. When we rented the minivan they gave us coupon to get into Playa Mia for $3 per person. This was a great deal for the 6 of us. I thought Playa Mia charged $14 per person regularly for their basic entry fee and the cruise ship wanted to charge us $29 and we would have to take a taxi there. The fee we paid included the use of the beach and all non-motorized sports. The kids had a blast - there was a water trampoline, rock climbing, paddle boats, kayaks, snorkeling (rental equipment extra), kids activities.

Rental equipment inside Playa Mia was a rip-off $12 per set. We bought it at vendors outside for $9. You can pay more for admission and have unlimited drinks and food (I think it was around $40 at the gate - Carnival wanted to charge about $75 which also included your transportation to and from.)

We're going back this February and the kids are already asking if we're going back to that beach - we loved it but I might want to try something different. Any suggestions????
Old January 9th, 2007, 05:13 PM
First Mate

Is Play Mia quiet water like a bay or waves?