Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Beginner

Default Roatan/Belize Good Lunch Spot

We will be there in February for the first time and I was wondering if someone has found a really neat place to eat ....or should not eat

Thanks for any info.
Sponsored Links
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

The area right by the pier after you tender in has some shops and a place to get a local beer...I try to plan excursions around getting a quick lunch onboard, nothing there really stands out as a good place to eat.

Message Boards Moderator
Old December 28th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Captain

So. Texas Cruisers,

I grew up in Skidmore, Texas (45 miles NW of Corpus Christi). My DH and I went to Belize on our first cruise, but we didn't eat anywhere on Belize. We had a very nice time, though. I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

Libragirl from Texas
Old January 4th, 2007, 01:11 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Roatan/Belize Good Lunch Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by So.Texas Cruisers
We will be there in February for the first time and I was wondering if someone has found a really neat place to eat ....or should not eat

Thanks for any info.
Libragirl,

I was at both ports and I don't remember which is which. However, at both ports we chose ship offered excursions. One we went to Al Tuna Ha (not sure of spelling) and was well worth it, if you like history/ruins. At the other island we chose the beach of Tabanyna (not sure of spelling) it was worth it. The beach day was great, and so was the snorkeling. Which ever port, the ship will advise one of them not too go beyond the Gated Area. yes, it is unsafe on your own. However, which ever one has the gated area, there is a great bistro overlooking the water with delicious food and atmosphere. The building is white and large overlooking the water and should not be hard to spot. There were not many choices at this location. Furthermore, the seafood presentation was to die for. Good luck and wish I good remember more, but it was in 2005 I hope this helps!
Old January 14th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Beginner

Default Have more fun and save money, do your own thing.

Both places are underdeveloped. Didn't see any places to eat in either places when we were there. But that was 2004, and some new places may have been built. The people are very poor in both locations. However we had the best vacation day ever when we organized our horseback riding tour, through the mountains, for twice as long and half the price of the ship tour.

Go it alone in Roatan you'll have much better time.