Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Default Stingray City & valuables

Will be swimming with the stingrays in a week!

Question: Is there a place to store valuables while in the water? I'd like to bring a camera for the rest of the tour but obviously don't want the camera right near the water with me. Have thought about bringing a dry bag with me but I'd prefer not to carry it with me if I don't have to.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Passenger

We swam with the stingrays in Grand Cayman two years ago and were on an excursion through the ship. It was wonderful. We did bring a bag with us with our camera in it and a little bit of money, sign and sail card and credit card and we just left it on the boat while we were swimming. We didn't have any problem, but we were a little nervous about it. You just never know.

Mary
Old January 8th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Passenger

Did Stingray City last year and it is a ball. I never laughed so hard. Anyway, most everyone from the boat goes into the water. I had my wallet and camera etc. and I put it in my backpack and put the backpack under shoes and towels and tucked it under the bench. I figured if it was not an easy target it would be fine because it would be difficult for someone to riffle through bags without anyone taking notice. Good luck and enjoy.

19 cruises total on all different lines including RCCL, NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and Sea Dream. Our 20th Cruise is October 2007 on the Mariner of the Seas.
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Beginner

I totally agree. Take only what you need. We went on the Valor in July and did the stingray tour. We left most of our stuff in the safe and just took our camara, water camera, towels, a little cash and our credit. We put it in our backpack and stuffed it under the seats.

The reason why I'm leary about taking a bag attached to you is because my son found a plastic bag filled with cash, credit cards, ID and room cards and we were just about to turn it in to the captain but we were looking aruond to see who it may have come from and a gentlemen walked up and asked if that was ours. He had put it in his shorts pocket and it floated out.

Have fun on your cruise
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:16 PM
Admiral

I just leave my stuff on the boat and never have had a problem with any excursion, anywhere.
Old January 23rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Passenger

We went on this excursion this summer and had no problems with our valuables. We took a backpack and put our camera, etc. in it while we were in the water.
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Passenger

You'll have a great time at singray city. We just left our camera and wallet and things in a bag under our tall under the bench and did not have any problems.
Old January 25th, 2007, 03:57 AM
Passenger

You'll have a great time at singray city. We just left our camera and wallet and things in a bag under our tall under the bench and did not have any problems.

[img]/countdown.php?month=01&year=2007&day=28&hour=16:00[/img].
Old March 23rd, 2007, 12:17 PM
Passenger

I bring a back pack , a combination lock and a lock with a retractable cable three foot cable with a combination lock (similar to a lap top cable).

When I am at the beach I lock my backpack to the chair or an umbrella. When I was on the tour at Sting Ray City I cabled my back pack to part of the boat.
Monarch of the Seas (RCCL) 3/01 -Southern Caribbean
Song of America (RCCL) 10/90 -Western Caribbean
MTS Jupiter (Epirotiki) 7/84 -Mediterranean