Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Passenger

Default Bring Baby Stroller on Public Busses in Grand Cayman?

Me, wife and our 10 month old baby girl will be visiting Grand Cayman in February. We have decided to take one of the Public busses to visit the turtle farm and Hell. After that we will most likely just do some shopping around the Pier area or visit one of the restaurants. My question is will we be able to bring a baby stroller on the bus? Is there some room for this? I read the busses are actually just larger vans and this is why I ask.

It is not an umbrella stroller and yet it is not the full size model. The Stroller does collapse down.

Will this be a problem on the busses?
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
Admiral

I have seen it done but it isn't the easiest. The "busses" are just vans. The only place for a stroller is the space by the sliding door. Whenever someone wants on or off the bus, the stroller needs to be moved.

But like I said, I have seen it done.
Old February 10th, 2007, 08:59 PM
Passenger

Just got back from GC so I will answer my own question for others that may be interested in the same subject. We did ride the bus from the Library to both the Turtle farm and to Hell. You can bring a stroller on board but it must be able to collapse and fit behind the driver. This space is small be just larger enough for a collapsed stroller.

The fare was 2.50 US for each time you stop. So we paid $7.50 US each for the three total stops- the baby was free.

Each driver was very friendly and answered any question we had about the route we were interested in taking. I highly recommend the busses as a way of seeing more of the Island and meeting more of the locals
Old February 12th, 2007, 05:07 PM
Captain

I did this a few years ago with our youngest and as some have said it can be done but it's not easy. If I had it to do over I would still take my stroller and I would still fight with it because that short struggle is a lot easier than carrying your little one in the heat in either your arms or a back carrier. Everyone was very nice to us and we didn't get any dirty looks or people that acted annoyed that they had to wait for us to move it at the various stops so that no one would fall over it. We just smiled and apologized. I think folks appreciate it when you acknowledge that you know that it's a hassle, just my opinion.