Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Shore Excursions Cozumel, Costa Maya, Georgetown and Belize

Leaving for Western Caribbean 2/24 on Royal Caribbean - need advice on which excursions are the best for each port. We've done Stringray City before - FANTASTIC!!! - so not an option. Also, will definitely want to do some snorkeling - which port is best? Have never tried SNUBA - can anyone tell me if it's better than snorkeling? I hear that cave tubing is great, but not sure if its for us. Any suggestions would be so greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Admiral

You will find really good snorkeling at either Grand Caymen or Cozumel, don't know about your other ports.
Grand Caymen - Eden's Rock is a short walk from the tender pier, no beach, just snorkeling. Plenty of dive shops on the main street that i am sure offer some sort of snorkeling adventure.
Cozumel - i would highly suggest that you book a ships tour out to the reefs for some amazing snorkeling, book it now as they sell-out fast and you are really close to your departure date.
Old February 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM
cozumelcruising

Hi SNUBA is big fun for snorkelers, it is a mix between diving and snorkeling but you are not needed to carry any equipment and there is no decompression due to the limited depth that is visited. Air tanks are on floats at the surface and you are having only the mouth piece of diving and can explore the depths of ca 20ft. SNUBA is available in Cozumel and it is a great next step for snorkelers. Very safe indeed.
Old February 11th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Passenger

Default Shore excursions (Cozumel and Belize)

The web can easily tell you who/what/where for the ports you are visiting, and the variety of tours. My recommendation is snorkel or snuba in Cozumel, and do the Cave Tubing in Belize - this is a MUST. Try the top local guys there at belizecavetubing.net and that should fit you in - and they're doing a cruise special of $35 per person.