Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > Caribbean & Panama Canal
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via MSN to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via Yahoo to ColoradoSweetheart
Default Cave Tubing

Sounds like fun but can someone tell me how deep it is and if you can't swim can you still do this and be okay with it?

I think I could do it if it wasn't deep and the waters aren't fast. Thanks.
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

I know you get life jackets to wear and I also know that little kids can do this excursion so it should be fine.

We're doing this tour in two weeks and I can't WAIT. I'm not a strong swimmer at all and I'm not nervous in the least. Hundreds of people do this tour every day and there's no restrictions put on people with regard to swimming expertise.

Kim
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via MSN to ColoradoSweetheart Send a message via Yahoo to ColoradoSweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAWS
I know you get life jackets to wear and I also know that little kids can do this excursion so it should be fine.

We're doing this tour in two weeks and I can't WAIT. I'm not a strong swimmer at all and I'm not nervous in the least. Hundreds of people do this tour every day and there's no restrictions put on people with regard to swimming expertise.

Kim

Thank you Kim and let me know how it goes. I may just do this!!!
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cave Tubing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoSweetheart
Sounds like fun but can someone tell me how deep it is and if you can't swim can you still do this and be okay with it?

Hey Colorado Sweetheart - you can do this. Lifejackets are mandatory on this tour; the water is between 6 inches and a few feet; it's summer in Belize and the river is low, and moving slowly; "bottom's up" is the funny cry from the guides when you reach shallow areas!! Swimmers, non-swimmers, kids of all ages, some handicapped, very senior citizens - they all have a blast on this tour. Try chatting up with some of the people in Belize who've been doing this tour for lots and lots of years - maybe you should try "Major Tom Belize" - go to google search for this guy, who seems to be one of the more experienced fellows. Tell us all how it went when you're back.
Old February 25th, 2007, 08:14 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbler
Quote:

Hey Colorado Sweetheart - you can do this. Lifejackets are mandatory on this tour; the water is between 6 inches and a few feet; it's summer in Belize and the river is low, and moving slowly; "bottom's up" is the funny cry from the guides when you reach shallow areas!! Swimmers, non-swimmers, kids of all ages, some handicapped, very senior citizens - they all have a blast on this tour. Try chatting up with some of the people in Belize who've been doing this tour for lots and lots of years - maybe you should try "Major Tom Belize" - go to google search for this guy, who seems to be one of the more experienced fellows. Tell us all how it went when you're back.

Cool I will do that, althought I'm not going until March of 2008, what's the weather / water level like then? It just looks "fun" ... and I'm not usually an in the water person.
Old February 25th, 2007, 09:54 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbler
Quote:

Cool I will do that, althought I'm not going until March of 2008, what's the weather / water level like then? It just looks "fun" ... and I'm not usually an in the water person.
Looked it up on the official Belize website, and March is warm, windy, and positively dry. Water will be cool (about 74 degrees Fahrenheit), little flow, and it will be between 6 inches and a few feet deep. Relax, gal, and go get this done. You'll be in very good hands - the Belize guides just know how to pamper and care for their guests - we can vouch for that. Go on - chat up "Major Tom Belize" - I'm sure he'll help.
Old February 25th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Might also want to try Yhony at cave-tubing.com. That's who we're going with. He's had FANTASTIC reviews (never heard a bad one) and I do know he's been great at answering any question we've ever had. Very prompt and an all round nice guy. Super price too. He does 2 caves for $45 and then a lunch for an extra $5 if the group wants to stop for it afterwards. I hear that if there's time, you should opt for "yes"!

Good luck! Gotta do some daring stuff in your life. That's the way I'm looking at it. I want that wow.

Kim
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to David from Gastonia

We did the cave tubing 2 years ago. We had a great time. Your going to love it.
Caribbean Princess 7-2006
Inspiration 4-2007
MARINER OF THE SEAS 7-2007
Glory
Old February 26th, 2007, 09:03 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by David from Gastonia
We did the cave tubing 2 years ago. We had a great time. Your going to love it.
No doubt, cave tubing is THE tour in Belize. And this experienced guide known as "Major Tom" charges $35 for the two caves, explores an inner "crystal"cave that's just gorgeous (huge crystal mounds), and also stops for a great Belizean meal at between $3-$6 depending on what you order, at a place - believe it not - called "CHEERS, With A Tropical Twist" We also like the fact that he has one guide for no more than six guests, links you up only in two places for more safety, and allows "free floating" where it's totally safe, carefully controlled by the guides. My money goes on Major Tom - and he's been cave tubing over 14 years - we were told that he and his guides established cave tubing at the park. Cool !!!! He's had seriously FANTASTIC reviews on several sites.