CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Caribbean & Panama Canal (
-   -   refrigerators in the balcony rooms on Carnival Destiny? (

donnac45 March 7th, 2007 07:29 PM

refrigerators in the balcony rooms on Carnival Destiny?
When I did the virtual tour of my balcony room, Lido deck it looked like there was a small frig in the floor. Can someone please confirm this?

dina March 8th, 2007 08:32 AM

Yes.. there are small fridges in the balcony rooms on Destiny. They are very small and usually filled with pop and things like that that you have to pay for if you consume them. If you want to put your own stuff in the fridge, talk to your cabin steward and tell him to take the stuff out and you will be putting your own stuff in there for the time you are on board. Heads up.. you can't chill a bottle of wine in it. Too big for the fridge.

MJM March 8th, 2007 11:19 AM

The middle shelf is removeable. We fit 3 bottles of wine in the fridge on our last cruise.

donnac45 March 8th, 2007 06:04 PM

thank so much to you both. While you are doing so good at answering my questions, I was wondering today if one side of boat was the port side, or are both depending on where you port? We are going to St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados, St. Lucia and Antigua.

MJM March 9th, 2007 10:06 AM

Depends on the port and which direction the ship pulls in. In St Thomas you usually get off on the starboard side because the ship pulls straight in to the pier. But last time we went on the Glory, he backed in so you got off the ship on the port ( left ) side. So you can never be sure.It doesn't really matter because the view out the other side is often much prettier.